Nbd 2 Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dentistgal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) Which of the folllowing statements describe composite resins
I They can be placed and finished in the same appointment.
II. They are more color stable than unfilled resins.
III. They are similar to Amalgam with respect to coefficient of Thermal expansion.
IV. The finished surface tends to be somewhat rough.
Answer- A - I , II B. I ,IV C. I, III IV , D. II , III , E. II , III ,IV F. All the above

2) Pulpal irritation would not be expected from a restorative material , provided the minimum thickness of the material was
A 0.2 mm B. 0.5 mm C. 1 mm D. 2 mm E. 3 mm

Members don't see this ad.

pt tells history of irreversible pulpitis but when he comes to dental office the pain disappears,,,,why???:eek:

pt tells history of irreversible pulpitis but when he comes to dental office the pain disappears,,,,why???:eek:

hi,

i have this q too. i just remembered 2 choices though

a) sympathetic innervation causes interruption of the sensory fibers of the pulp
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]b) sympathetic activation makes the dilation of the blood vessels of the pulp.

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]- what's ur ans?.

Sympathetic activation makes the constiction of the blood vesselse of the pulp is right choice.

As because of dental appointment pt frighten and which activates sympathetic system, and sympathetic activation leads to decrease blood flow and blood pressure that leads to pain relieve.

I hope this helps

Dr.ymp

hi,

i have this q too. i just remembered 2 choices though

a) sympathetic innervation causes interruption of the sensory fibers of the pulp
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]b) sympathetic activation makes the dilation of the blood vessels of the pulp.

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]- what's ur ans?.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn't Sympathetic nervous system constricts blood vessel?

You both are right, sympathetic system leads to vasoconstriction but there is few exception such as sympathetic nerve system of sweet gland, deep muscle where it leads to vasodilation.

But in case of pulp it leads to vasoconstiction ... and that leads to decrease in blood flow and it also reduces the excitation of interdental nerves.

And with this fact none of this two option match, So may be if someone can complete the remaining option that will be helpfull.

according to Van Limborgh's Theory- genetic factors,epigenetic factors and environmental factors are responsible.

yes you are right according to van limborgh theory factors for mandibular growth are genetic factors,epigenetic factors and environmental factors are responsible and according to popular Functional matrix theory Functional factor is responsible

You both are right, sympathetic system leads to vasoconstriction but there is few exception such as sympathetic nerve system of sweet gland, deep muscle where it leads to vasodilation.

But in case of pulp it leads to vasoconstiction ... and that leads to decrease in blood flow and it also reduces the excitation of interdental nerves.

And with this fact none of this two option match, So may be if someone can complete the remaining option that will be helpfull.

thanks dr. ymp for the explanations. but that's all i remembered. anybody has this q and got a complete choices? or anybody has an idea?
thanks!!!

causes of composite polymerization shrinkage during setting
1-Evaporation of the by-product.
2-Evaporation of unreacted monomer.
3-temp change occurring during polymerization.
4-replacment of 1ry bonds by 2ry bonds*

2 OR 4????????????:confused:

Everybody is supporting 2nd choice, can anyone explain it, as increase level of monomer leads to More shrinkage in case of composite, Increase in filler particle decreasing polymerization shrinkage and increase viscosity.

But this fact dosent match to second choice, as evaporation of unreacted monomer leads to increase in polymer: monomer ratio, which dosent cause polymerization shrinkage, Can anyone explain it

Thnks in advance

help me with this..
Which of the fool teeth have the most consistent canal morphology?
1. Md incisors
2.max. canines
3.mand pm
4,mx. premolar
5. amd molar

ans is given3 but i think it should be max canine

A 16 yr old pt presents with a firm non painful swelling in the mand. pm area. adjecent teeth are vital. Radiographic evaluation reveals a discrete 4 cm radiolucency in the pm area. Which of the foll. diagnostic procedures would be performed next?
1. excisional biopsy...should be this
2. aspiration(ans)
3. complete bct with a differential

Members don't see this ad :)
I THINK MAND PM IS THE RIGHT ANSWER....

2nd one the swelling is firm not hard so u do the aspiration to check the contents .....

Larger condensers and laterally applied condensation forces are
>recommended to ensure complete
>condensation of which of the following amalgam types?
>a. admixed
>b. spherical
>c. lathe-cut
>d. high-copper
>e. conventional
spherical

I THINK MAND PM IS THE RIGHT ANSWER....

2nd one the swelling is firm not hard so u do the aspiration to check the contents .....

hey thanks..
but still i think ans is max canine bcoz it ha s100% 1 canal whereas mand pm has some tendency to have 2 canals.

YES FOR THE MOST STABLE CANAL IS MAX CANINE

ALSO CAN SOMEONE HELP WITH THESE QUESTIONS PLEASE?
PLEASE GIVE ME RIGHT ANSWER!
Which microbe is least likely to be killed in an autoclave?
a. HIV
b. HBV
c. Streptococcus mutans
d. Bacillus

the function of post
a. provide retention for a crown
b. enhance the strength of the tooth
c. provide retention for a core
d. provide the root canal sealing

which of the following had the greatest malignant potential?
1.lichen planus
2leukoedema
3.actinic cheilitis
4.white sponge nevus

which of the following NSAID agent has a tendency to produce blood dyscrasias?

1.indomethacin
2.ibuprofen
3 ketorolac
4.acetaminophen
5.aspirin

a male pt. on coumadin therapy presents for an elective extraction. his PT is prolonged.which of thr following method is preferred for reducing the PT to an acceptable level?

1. administering vit K
2 WITHDRAWING COUMADIN FOR 2 DAYS
3.REDUCING COUMADIN TO ONE HALF THE USUAL DOSE FOR 2 DAYS
4. ADMINISTERING A COUMADIN ANTAGONIST,SUCH AS HEPARIN
5.ADMINISTERING A PLATELET TRANFUSION TO ENHANCE COAGULABILITY.

which of the following is a usual constituent of floras that are associated with perodontal health?
1. campylobacter recta
2.eubacterium nodatum
3.porphyromonas gingivalis
4.streptococcus gordonii

a. HIV
b. HBV:confused:
c. Streptococcus mutans
d. Bacillus

the function of post
c. provide retention for a core:thumbup:

1.lichen planus
2leukoedema
3.actinic cheilitis:thumbup:
4.white sponge nevus

1.indomethacin:thumbup:
2.ibuprofen
3 ketorolac
4.acetaminophen
5.aspirin

a male pt. on coumadin therapy presents for an elective extraction. his PT is prolonged.which of thr following method is preferred for reducing the PT to an acceptable level?
1. administering vit K
2 WITHDRAWING COUMADIN FOR 2 DAYS:thumbup:

which of the following is a usual constituent of floras that are associated with perodontal health?
1. campylobacter recta
2.eubacterium nodatum:confused:
3.porphyromonas gingivalis
4.streptococcus gordonii

:confused: not sure about them
:thumbup: most likely ans!

a. HIV
b. HBV
c. Streptococcus mutans
d. Bacillus:)

the function of post
c. provide retention for a core:)

1.lichen planus:confused:
2leukoedema
3.actinic cheilitis
4.white sponge nevus

1.indomethacin:confused:
2.ibuprofen
3 ketorolac
4.acetaminophen
5.aspirin

1. administering vit K
2 WITHDRAWING COUMADIN FOR 2 DAYS:)

1. campylobacter recta
2.eubacterium nodatum
3.porphyromonas gingivalis:)

4.streptococcus gordonii

correct me if im wrong...........

-causes of composite polymerization shrinkage during setting
2-Evaporation of unreacted monomer.:confused:
4-replacment of 1ry bonds by 2ry bonds*:confused:
correct me if im wrong...........

-causes of composite polymerization shrinkage during setting
2-Evaporation of unreacted monomer.:confused:
4-replacment of 1ry bonds by 2ry bonds*:confused:

I will go for replacment of 1ry bonds by 2ry bonds, everybody is saying that Evaporation of unreacted monomer is right choice..
Can anyone explain abt that...

Thnks

which of the following are effects comon to pentobabital, diazepam and meperidine
1)amnesia and skeletal muscle relaxation
2)anticonvulsant and hypnotic
3)analgesia dn relief of anxiety........correct

Pentobarbital has no analgesic actions... Barbiturates do not have anlagesic action adn even small doses mght cause hyperalgesia.

is the answer not 2 as all of them are anticonvulsants

i think actinic chelitis is more prone for malignancy than lichen planus.
lichen planus if very severe and also under the tongue can lead to cancer

1.lichen planus
2leukoedema
3.actinic cheilitis:)

4.white sponge nevus

u`re right i checked it aswell, actinic cheilitis has 6-11% chances of SCC n whereas lichen planus ,even the erosive one are still under investigation ,though it does turn malignant but to a lesser extent...

Originally Posted by smiling tooth
which of the following are effects comon to pentobabital, diazepam and meperidine

Pentobarbital has no analgesic actions... Barbiturates do not have anlagesic action adn even small doses mght cause hyperalgesia.

will go with 2 aswell...

Originally Posted by smiling tooth

will go with 2 aswell...

why not choice no. 1.....i doubt if meperidine has antionvulsant properties....

Hey I Am Sure But There Is Always Some One Who Can Argue And Say It As Other Ans , But I Dont Know Why No One Is Coming Forward To Do This... Like We Did When We Prepared For Part 1. People Studying Part2 Move It..........

Hi,
R u selling or sharing any materials or lecture notes for part 2?
Could u plz help me find cese-based sample QS?
thanks,
Serveh

var addthis_pub = 'leeburnett';
icon1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by linu
according to Van Limborgh's Theory- genetic factors,epigenetic factors and environmental factors are responsible.

yes you are right according to van limborgh theory factors for mandibular growth are genetic factors,epigenetic factors and environmental factors are responsible and according to popular Functional matrix theory Functional factor is responsible

does it mean that all four i.e genetic
epigenetic
functional
environmental are responsible for md growth???????????????????

THE REASONS ARE GENETIC,EPIGENIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL ACCORDING TO MOSBY's REVIEW FOR NBDE PART 2

PLEASE ANYONE POST MORE Q's! THIS THREAD IS DYING!!!!!!:thumbdown:

As the crown portion of the tooth nears completion, the outer enamel epithelium combine at the cervical loop region to form a bilayered structure termed as : ????

1. administering vit K :thumbup:

1. administering vit K :thumbup:

why is it not 2?

why is it not 2?

As a rule you are not allowed the withdraw or terminate anticoagulant therapy for a patient without the consent of a physician.
If i have a pt like this,i will never touch him/her without consulting hisher physician.
but for this question a sounds more logical.:rolleyes:

can someone explain difference between unfilled and filled resin or direct and indirect resin? i am not asking the advanyages and disadvantages of these.i want to know the actual difference.
thx in advance

which of the foll composite materials is least polishable ?
hybrid
micro hybrid
macro filled - ans.
micro filled

which of the foll not used to restore incisal edge of tooth

micro hybrid
macrofilled
hybrid
microfilled- ans
-----------------------

pls correct me if im wrong. thank you.

A 6-year old patient has a larger than average diastema between the maxillary central incisors. The radiographic examination shows a mesiodens. In order to manage the diastema, you should extract the mesiodens
A. after its complete eruption.
B. once the patient has reached the age of 12.
C. only if it develops into a cystic lesion.
D. as soon as possible.

At this point the permanent maxillary central incisors have not erupted yet...this diastema can be a sign that these teeth will have a hard time erupting...which would an indication for extraction...but at the same time some papers say that you should wait till 2/3 of the roots are formed before removing the mesiodent in order to prevent damage to the permanent teeth....( with extraction between 8-10 years old---- not 12) so I think this question was badly formulated..I think depending the dentist could go either way based in clinical experience and the individual case.
I personaly think that D is the right one...but I have a feeling by the way the question was formulated that the "right" answer is B.

What do you guys think???

-------------i think that it should be ASAP.

To improve the speed at which pages load, the site administrators are closing threads over 1000 posts long and having them carry over into a second thread. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but feel free to resume conversation in the thread that I started titled "NBDE Part 2 Questions version 2.0". Thank you for your understanding.

- Sprgrover

Status
Not open for further replies.