NBDE-2 Score thread and Experience.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MitPat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Why don't we start NBDE-2 score thread and the experience associated with the exam. Please feel free to jolt down your total part-2 preperation schedule and books used for the success , and share with everybody.
Thanks.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just thought I'd contribute - I took my part 2 on feb 12 and 13th and just got my results yesterday. I passed with an 82 which I'm happy about, I got 345 right which is more than I thought I'd get. I really only studied for a couple of weeks and all I did was about 75% of Q bank and the exam in Mosby's. I think a lot of the questions are on things you just know from being in dental school, the second day sucked like everyone said but I'm just glad it's over, good luck everyone and seriously don't get too stressed over it!

Last edited:
Thx, Mitch.. Congrats! Didn't get here today either.. I'm going to have to give NBDE a call to see where it might be.. I looks a little FISHY:confused:

congrats abc 10.Thas a great score for part 2. Please let me know which question papers did you go through.I got hold of question pepers which are older, till 1993. did you study from the ones after 1993 or do you think the old ones are ok.please let me know.Also, did you go through text books ?
thanks and good luck at BU.
hey everyone,

i took the part 2 at the end of first week of feb..and got my scores yday.. i passed with a comp score of 86
total: 370/500
it was a tough exam for me esp day 2...
i have still not started school over there as yet... I secured admission at Boston Univ starting this july with my part 1 score but i decided to take part 2 anyways...
this forum has helped me and its payback time for me...
1)its not impossible for FTDs to pass this exam before staring school there, the first day tests yr knowledge on individual subjects so if u have read yr text books in dental school u shud do just fine...
2) the second day is tough cause their treatment planning differs, the x rays are ok, the photos decent, just need to be attentive... the day 2 100 qs r difficult than the 400 u take on the first day, they were atleast for me.
3) i feel unlucky to get 56 qs on patient management..most of them ethics based.. i dont know from where can u read up for this...

anyways.. overall not a very difficult exam.. i studied for 1 month properly putting in almost 8-10 hrs daily. i had finished reading the decks once before tho. I read the decks thrice, kaplan and first aid once, papers once.
I think decks and papers are a must. Pls dont avoid them.
i will try and come to the forum often to c if u guys have any queries.
hope this helps... all the best

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats abc 10.Thas a great score for part 2. Please let me know which question papers did you go through.I got hold of question pepers which are older, till 1993. did you study from the ones after 1993 or do you think the old ones are ok.please let me know.Also, did you go through text books ?
thanks and good luck at BU.
hey.. i had the old papers too.. so i studied from there... dont get me wrong.. the questions are not repeated from the old papers but the funda behind them are repeated in different ways... hope this is not too confusing... basically wen u solve the papers u know wat all u hv to read up from the decks and books....
i infact i did not hv any text books on me.. i had gone to US for interviews and i decided to attempt this exam anyways... but i had read text books in my dental school which helped me... i did google a lot of thgs tho...
do yr decks well.. dats wat got me thru.. also be attentive in the exam.. its really not dat difficult... so dont get stressed out... good luck and thanks for yr wishes..

where u guys got the question for part 2? I studied test packet II-L, 300 question and 25 case question . But is this all? I saw some more questions but they are so old (1977-198..) do I need to study them?
please help

so i took my exam the first week of feb, and got 338/500 and i failed...it said i got a 71...

i see people passed with 330 which was a 77...how could there be such a variance?

hi, for those who didnt pass the first time or repeated before passing would you mind sharing exp as i got 74 :( the first time and retaking it in 6 wks. i did decks and old tests but are they enough the second time around? is it true theres no curve? :eek: im scared that going to fail again and really need some advice. thanks!

hiiii guys need advise...m preparing for part2, r decks and previous yrs question papers r suffient to get 85 plus if i do it properly or need to study some extra stuff....vl appreciate ur reply

can somebody please tell me whether old question papers are important like 1978 and 1980 or only past 10 years question papers are enough....kindly guide me ,m confused.

Hi...
abc 10 or anybody who done with part 2, can you suggest me from where to read implants in detial??? I heard that there are so many ques of implants in exam...

Hi...
abc 10 or anybody who done with part 2, can you suggest me from where to read implants in detial??? I heard that there are so many ques of implants in exam...
yes there r lot of qs from omplants in the exam. however since i have not yer started school in the US i had no source where to study for it. I read whatever I could find online..on wikipedia...google...I cud not answer d implant qs well in my exam...so sorry but m not much help here..all the best

Hello friends,
I think this is one of the best threads for NBDE 2. There seem to be too many stray threads for NBDE 2 recently. Anybody who has taken the test, is going to take the test or has anything to contribute..........please continue here. It would be so much easier for everyone.

hi can anyone tell me that whether we are required to remember trade name of all drugs in pharmacology section?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if the score of part 1 will be in the score report of part 2 or not?

hi,
no u r not... atleast i wasnt asked.. those dat they ask are the familiar ones like tyelonol, motrin..etc..
good luck..

hi can anyone tell me that whether we are required to remember trade name of all drugs in pharmacology section?

hey everyone,

i took the part 2 at the end of first week of feb..and got my scores yday.. i passed with a comp score of 86
total: 370/500
it was a tough exam for me esp day 2...
i have still not started school over there as yet... I secured admission at Boston Univ starting this july with my part 1 score but i decided to take part 2 anyways...
this forum has helped me and its payback time for me...
1)its not impossible for FTDs to pass this exam before staring school there, the first day tests yr knowledge on individual subjects so if u have read yr text books in dental school u shud do just fine...
2) the second day is tough cause their treatment planning differs, the x rays are ok, the photos decent, just need to be attentive... the day 2 100 qs r difficult than the 400 u take on the first day, they were atleast for me.
3) i feel unlucky to get 56 qs on patient management..most of them ethics based.. i dont know from where can u read up for this...

anyways.. overall not a very difficult exam.. i studied for 1 month properly putting in almost 8-10 hrs daily. i had finished reading the decks once before tho. I read the decks thrice, kaplan and first aid once, papers once.
I think decks and papers are a must. Pls dont avoid them.
i will try and come to the forum often to c if u guys have any queries.
hope this helps... all the best

I took the exam two weeks ago and I just got my score today. I thought I had done better but sadly, no. :( My raw score is 385/500 and my comp score is only 77. :thumbdown:

I took the exam two weeks ago and I just got my score today. I thought I had done better but sadly, no. :( My raw score is 385/500 and my comp score is only 77. :thumbdown:

can anyone please explain this...abc10 passed with 86 (370/500) and blackandwhite got 77 with 385/500. how that possible..iam really confused about scoring patern..:confused::confused:..
i have my exam in 2 weeks...
thank u in advance...

hi, blackandwhite, would you please write down the correct number you get in each section? i think your raw score are very good and the comp are radiculous~~

can anyone please explain this...abc10 passed with 86 (370/500) and blackandwhite got 77 with 385/500. how that possible..iam really confused about scoring patern..:confused::confused:..
i have my exam in 2 weeks...
thank u in advance...

It is because black and white is adding his second day to day one. On the score sheet it is all as one.

You people are straight idiots. I think this issues has been discussed 30 times in this single thread.

It doesn't take a doctor to figure out your score :laugh:

My friend took the exam in April and he did not get a score. His score card only says pass. And he hold me they changed it to PASS or FAIL only.
Did any of you guys receive the same score card? I am going to take my exam soon and wanna know.

Thanks

Last edited:
yesterday I completed my part 2...I did mosby, decks and papers and yeah, refered books...it was cool exp...I have n't exhausted at all...you have to have overall knowledge to get a good score...something that you have learned in clinics tht also would help you...try to refer books if you have time...your basic knowledge abt evry topic would help you...and if you have an extra time, then do kaplan q bank...but, first digest decks properly and do some good topics frm mosby and yr books...

mojanjoon, I got 62 on case based portion, so its 413/600 or 351/500.
I would say there was 10-15 direct questions from old exams, so you should not miss these easy points. There were many other similar questions from old exams that were twisted a little but were easy to guess. Practicing old exams and pacing myself helped me alot. When taking old exams, i was scoring anywhere from 60-75 %. Good luck on your exam, don't lose hope.

I was wondering what years these old exams are that everyone is referring to. Also are there any more that I can get other than the ones off the ASDA site? Thanks to everyone for your help!

yesterday I completed my part 2...I did mosby, decks and papers and yeah, refered books...it was cool exp...I have n't exhausted at all...you have to have overall knowledge to get a good score...something that you have learned in clinics tht also would help you...try to refer books if you have time...your basic knowledge abt evry topic would help you...and if you have an extra time, then do kaplan q bank...but, first digest decks properly and do some good topics frm mosby and yr books...
plz can you tell me that how much time it takes to get the result of NBDE prt 1 And Part1...i mean i mean if i take Nbde1 on 30 th june..when will i get the result for it n when will i be able to sit in part 2 after that..thanx

hello,
i am preparing for part 2 and i need help in finding out the released question papers after 1993. i have released question papers from 1978 to 1993. did asda release any recent papers or these are the papers all people are going through. please help me in finding out the new released papers.

thanks in advance

@ teekay...
probably you will get yr result in 2-3 weeks and ask ADA about 2nd part of yr que...

@enamel99
there are 98-2005 released papers also...

I took the board NBDE 2 May 20th and 21st and I just got my score back on june 10th 330/500 , 74%. I have taken this exam before and my score comp score keeps increasing but the % is either 2 % or 1% shy of passing. Is there anyone who has had to retake this exam, but finally passed it? Do u have any recommendations regarding how you modified your studies and how you finally passed?
Is it also true that the best time to take the exam is after the prometric block period ( I know this year is 08/10-08/30)? responces are greatly appreciated.

@ teekay...
probably you will get yr result in 2-3 weeks and ask ADA about 2nd part of yr que...

@enamel99
there are 98-2005 released papers also...

Hi UTHSC,

can u plz tell me where can I find those 98 - 2005 papers..
I'm having exam in 2 weeks, so can u plz suggest any link to get.....
Appreciate ur help

thanks for your reply UTHSC.
can you please tell me where can i get the released papers from 1998 to 2005.

thanks in advance.

I need to know from 2nd timer if they get a higher curve or not ?
and also, do they get the same question ? any repeated question ? either from the previous experience or from old exams !! please let me know

I took the board NBDE 2 May 20th and 21st and I just got my score back on june 10th 330/500 , 74%. I have taken this exam before and my score comp score keeps increasing but the % is either 2 % or 1% shy of passing. Is there anyone who has had to retake this exam, but finally passed it? Do u have any recommendations regarding how you modified your studies and how you finally passed?
Is it also true that the best time to take the exam is after the prometric block period ( I know this year is 08/10-08/30)? responces are greatly appreciated.

Did you add the 2nd day to the 1st one? cuz sometimes people add them by mistake ? there is no way you get 74 and your score is above 320 !! atleast ot my knowledge, everyoen scoring above 310 is passing !! I'm taking my test soon ( second try ) and wanna know how much curve did u get compare to the first one and did the test had same question as your previous one ??? :):)

I suspect we have the work of a troll here. Please do not take this poster's advice.

1. DO NOT LOOK AT UNRELEASED OR REMEMBERED QUESTIONS. These are both against the rules of the examination and a violation of US copyright law. If you use these materials you are cheating and your scores could and should be invalidated. If that happens, you will lose your license, which is based upon those scores.

2. Your score is not affected by your previous test-taking status. According to the NDBE Part 2 Candidate Guide, "Two factors affect a candidate's score: the number of correct answers selected by the candidate and the score scale conversion for the examination."

That is it. Only those two things affect your score, and you can only affect one of them, your raw score. So study.

Hi how r u?
i m in the begining to study for part 2 but i dont have enought material for that, could you tell me how can i get the released exams for part 2 and the mosby please thank you

i took the board nbde 2 may 20th and 21st and i just got my score back on june 10th 330/500 , 74%. I have taken this exam before and my score comp score keeps increasing but the % is either 2 % or 1% shy of passing. Is there anyone who has had to retake this exam, but finally passed it? Do u have any recommendations regarding how you modified your studies and how you finally passed?
Is it also true that the best time to take the exam is after the prometric block period ( i know this year is 08/10-08/30)? Responces are greatly appreciated.

is there really any relation of appearing after the block period and ur scores??????????

is there really any relation of appearing after the block period and ur scores??????????
I'm trying to find someoen who already took the test twice and tell me about the questions in the 2nd time !! were they kinda similar or WAY different and more difficult ?!? please I need an answer ASAP !! :(

Hey People ....... Just got my Part 2 score .... scored 86 :)
Had given exam on 4 , 5 June.
Got 328 on day 1 ....... 69 on day 2 ..... Total 397 / 500.

Part 1 is 87. TOEFL is 111.
Hope that i get somewhere now .........

Hey People ....... Just got my Part 2 score .... scored 86 :)
Had given exam on 4 , 5 June.
Got 328 on day 1 ....... 69 on day 2 ..... Total 397 / 500.

Part 1 is 87. TOEFL is 111.
Hope that i get somewhere now .........

hey congratz!!!

can u pls tell that did u subtract 2nd day rite ans 4m 1st day n thn sayin 328 or is it tht u totaled individual subjects printed n got 328??

thanx

If i count all d subjects, they come to 397 ....... I got 69 on clinical cases.
So , subtracting that from total i got 328 on day 1.
Hope that helps

If i count all d subjects, they come to 397 ....... I got 69 on clinical cases.
So , subtracting that from total i got 328 on day 1.
Hope that helps
Just add all the subjects without the case studies and divide them by 500 !! this is your real score !! so you got 328/500 which means you got 65.6% and you had a wonderful curve of 20% !! none of the people that I know had that much of a curve. congrats :)

NO ..... i think u r mistaken.
When i add all d subjects without d case studies ... i get 397 /500 . Thats nearly 80%.

I got 69 in clinical cases ...... so i subtracted clinical cases to get to my score of day 1 ..... thats 328 / 400.

NO ..... i think u r mistaken.
When i add all d subjects without d case studies ... i get 397 /500 . Thats nearly 80%.

I got 69 in clinical cases ...... so i subtracted clinical cases to get to my score of day 1 ..... thats 328 / 400.

I took the NBDE part 2 on June 16,17 and just got my score.
1st day 325/500 & 2nd day 56/100 Score 74 very dissapointed.
Now on the 1st day I answered 400 questions but when I called the ADA they said some questions based on the level of difficulty are scored more that's how they come up with the 500. I just don't know what else to do I studied a lot for this exam.

Now on the 1st day I answered 400 questions but when I called the ADA they said some questions based on the level of difficulty are scored more that's how they come up with the 500. I just don't know what else to do I studied a lot for this exam.
you can ask them to review your test !! its just a question or two away from passing !!!

ghj

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW guys, I called ADA today and they told me there is no curve !!! they said the exam is based on points and questions difficulty !! so I think they rank the questions and if you get the tough ones you get more points. It's a stupid system !! but thats how they grade us. I also asked him for the second timer, well the test be tougher !! he said it's always the same difficulty but you will get a different version from the last one !! but I don't trust him when he said you won't get a more diffcult one cuz based on what I see in here.. people say that the 2nd time is tougher !!