NBDE in a month (after so many years of struggles)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Turco

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I want to share with you all future test takers a little story of encouragement.

I've had plenty ups and downs in the past years for sooo many reasons, (as many of us do) for submitting my NBDE part 1.
All of these past years I've been on and off studying, feelings of desperation and insecurities have invaded me. And I still feel it sometimes even now, but 5 months ago I decided I was going go for it 100%.

I know, that there're many of you out there that think that either this test is a piece of cake, or some (LIKE ME) that thought it was one of the hardest exams I ever had to give.
Yup, and that's me...I'm a foreign trained dentist graduated 6 years ago, and I miss it.
All I ever wanted since I was a young girl is to be a dentist.
I miss talking to patients, making them feel better.

Life brought me here to the US, and even if it feels staring from scratch with part 1, then I simply can not wait for my future to start by this point.

I want all of you who feel unmotivated at times, desperate or not capable of conquering part 1 to NOT give in.
If you really want this, you can do it. With a lot of hard work and dedication. But it's doable!

My test is in a MONTH :wow:

So...please, send me good wishes, blessings, happy thoughts, anything is more than welcome!
I need it :D

Many blessings to you too in whatever your journey may be.

Andy

PS: also, if anybody has ASDA paper J-N or J and K! :thumbup: I really appreciated the help in advanced!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Turco, am also preparing for the exam and planning to give in Aug...I wish u All the very Best for ur exam:luck:

Hey Turco, your content moved me! I am appearing for the exam this month end and i kind of related to whatever you have said above! Wish you the very best. you can do it! good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Turco, your content moved me! I am appearing for the exam this month end and i kind of related to whatever you have said above! Wish you the very best. you can do it! good luck!

I'm glad it moved you. That's the idea, to motivate each other.
At this point I'm so nervous, my NBDE it's in 15 days.

Thanks for your support. You put a smile in my face :)
Good luck to you too.

hi turco, i just finished my nbde part 1, m not sure about it though, there were quite a few questions i am not sure if i got them right. really worried about results. do you know when we get them though? thanks, would appreciate your help.

hey turco, i got my results today, didnt make it. 74. really upset. international dentist from india, dont know how i'm going to get admissions for dds/dmd here.

hey turco, i got my results today, didnt make it. 74. really upset. international dentist from india, dont know how i'm going to get admissions for dds/dmd here.
Hi neel my exam is in a month and a half... I am mainly focusing on decks and Asda papers... Any advise is appreciated .
According to u what was the fall back. U were so close.just one mark. Now I am scared....please suggest if I can do something differently.

Hi Pari, I think you'll be fine as long as you know your basics well especially dental anatomy, occlusion, human anatomy, biochem. do k, l, m, n really well. try going through them twice atleast, i got say 20% from it. do j if you can. case studies from decks and l set fro asda papers has them. exam will be a lot different, many questions you would'nt have an idea, but do your best and be confident. It is definitely doable. I studied for 5 weeks, and serious 15 days! Good luck.

Don't feel upset.
Second time WILL be the one that counts. Just don't feel ashamed to start again. Don't let your mind play tricks on you.
If you study very hard you will conquer it.

Hi Pari, I think you'll be fine as long as you know your basics well especially dental anatomy, occlusion, human anatomy, biochem. do k, l, m, n really well. try going through them twice atleast, i got say 20% from it. do j if you can. case studies from decks and l set fro asda papers has them. exam will be a lot different, many questions you would'nt have an idea, but do your best and be confident. It is definitely doable. I studied for 5 weeks, and serious 15 days! Good luck.
Thank you neel. I really appreciate your advice.... I pray you too get some volunteering in a good hospital by then n before next exam... Good luck.

Thanks Pari, wish you All the very best! hope you rock the exam! Just keep one thing in mind, have faith in yourself, and nothing is impossible after all, you will do it I am sure. The fear of the exam is one of the reasons people freak out and dont do well. So keep all things at bay and have confidence in yourself. Good luck again!

Don't feel upset.
Second time WILL be the one that counts. Just don't feel ashamed to start again. Don't let your mind play tricks on you.
If you study very hard you will conquer it.
Thanks Turco, Good luck to you too. We will definitely do it this time!!

Thanks Pari, wish you All the very best! hope you rock the exam! Just keep one thing in mind, have faith in yourself, and nothing is impossible after all, you will do it I am sure. The fear of the exam is one of the reasons people freak out and dont do well. So keep all things at bay and have confidence in yourself. Good luck again!

I totally agree with you. It's the fear the problem. At least, for me; I was so close.
But not giving up and retaking things is the best thing to do.
Working on my confidence :)

Hey neel what's up... Did you find any volunteering or any online esthetic dentistry course...or something else.
Neel where can I find notes for occlusion chapter da

i dont know, honestly, i just did first aid for it and went through the papers, so wherever i had doubts, i even googled stuff. back in school i think we did wheelers for dental anatomy and occlusion. I'm not sure what people do here. didnt find any volunteering though or online esthetic course. could you suggest some? honestly i really do need help with all that, I'm not really familiar with all that. M from Minnesota.

i dont know, honestly, i just did first aid for it and went through the papers, so wherever i had doubts, i even googled stuff. back in school i think we did wheelers for dental anatomy and occlusion. I'm not sure what people do here. didnt find any volunteering though or online esthetic course. could you suggest some? honestly i really do need help with all that, I'm not really familiar with all that. M from Minnesota.
Thank you....prep your resume n visit dental clinics n offices n if you know someone even better.... Apply for intern or observership ...
Along with that search online for big hospital... N apply for volunteering. That's easy. Most of big name hospitals have volunteer options.you can even visit the HR department in the hospital....they are very helpfull.... N you can volunteer according to time available to you.... Even while googling try to search for zonal volunteer commeties for that state....they mail you any local volunteering in that area...good luck

Hi friends,

Am planning to give nbde part 1 in 2 months..I don't know what's happening with me? am keep on postponing the exam.no matter what I should give it by Nov.
Feeling sorry guys who missed their xam..I appreciate ur efforts and All the best for ur exam.Can anyone plz suggest me where can I get Asda papers??

Hi canine27, how are you? did you postponed your exam?

Hi friends,

Am planning to give nbde part 1 in 2 months..I don't know what's happening with me? am keep on postponing the exam.no matter what I should give it by Nov.
Feeling sorry guys who missed their xam..I appreciate ur efforts and All the best for ur exam.Can anyone plz suggest me where can I get Asda papers??

Hi turco, how r u? Am fine,thank u..yeah I postponed my exam...feeling nervous..
I don't know I feel like I will never be ready to give exam..hoping for the best..