NBDE Part 1 in 1st week of April...my study log starting Jan 14, 2014.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentique29

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am planning to use this forum as a study log for my own tracking and motivation. Everyone has different situations and hence the time utilization per day to prepare is different for each one of us. All I want to do is to track my progress here and may be it might help someone too.
First of all here's a little bit about myself. I am an internationally trained dentist and mother of 2 and work 3 days a week:) So I will be studying more on my days off compared to the three days where I work full day.

Members don't see this ad.

I am not buying / selling any material. Here is what I plan to use for the most part: Decks, ASDA papers, F.Aid (Kaplan where necessary) n ofcourse goggle:)

Reactions: 1 user
Day 1 (working day): Sub: Dental Anatomy....will begin with decks ....aim to do atleast 30 or more. Iam plannning to spend 7-10 days per subject. Hopefully that should be enough... and some subjects will take less time n others more. Will post tomorrow how many decks I was able to finish. Also would ideally like to study DA from all sources like F.A, kAplan, n okeson Ch1-6 as I want this to be my strongest subject.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I plan to take exam in May. Would you like to study together? Or may be we can motivate each other by sharing our progress...

That's a good idea.
So how was your day two?
Let's encourage each other.
May be I will do the same.
Where do you live here in USA.

Ok guys.... so day 1 : I completed 25 decks ..... Day 2 I revised the 25 I had done n started Ch1 from Okeson...... did half the chapter only. Today being Day 3: I plan on doing another 25 decks. I didn't do much yesterday:(..... but I work Tuesday, Wed n Thursday so they r my slow days.....hopefully I will do better tomorrow. How about u Lilyz? Have u started or rather how far along r u in ur prep..... plz share ur plan of action too:)

wow...this is a a great way to keep going..
i am planning to take NBDE part 1 in 2014.
I have not started. Still trying to collect the study material....
Good luck..

Ok guys.... so day 1 : I completed 25 decks ..... Day 2 I revised the 25 I had done n started Ch1 from Okeson...... did half the chapter only. Today being Day 3: I plan on doing another 25 decks. I didn't do much yesterday:(..... but I work Tuesday, Wed n Thursday so they r my slow days.....hopefully I will do better tomorrow. How about u Lilyz? Have u started or rather how far along r u in ur prep..... plz share ur plan of action too:)

Hello Dentique29, you seem to be pretty strict with your study program. I think that's the key, specially when it comes to this test. I took the boards back in november- got 73 though. I went through a lot studying : decks, kaplan, first aid, asda you name it! All very helpful. The test is very difficult now days. Even though I've found that the study material is an excellent source for the test, I have to tell you that you have to really read the questions……some times more than once-since they are very tricky.
I am preparing again to retake it possibly in April……

Good Luck! ;)
DMD1595