NBDE part 1 preparation !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlboro Lights

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

All those who are preparing for the part 1 or are planning to retake it kindly share your preparation strategy and the resources you are using.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hiii I stay in Minneapolis....My name is Shreya...Completed my BDS 4m India....M plannin to take in jan....R u int in combined studies????Do reply...
hi
iam in illinois preparing for part 1 .any body nearby to discuss for the exam
preferably a female

any body in ontario canada

especially in hamilton or mississaga or toronto?

i want to take ACFD exam i heard that is the same ndeb of canada part 2

Members don't see this ad :)
Hiii I stay in Minneapolis....My name is Shreya...Completed my BDS 4m India....M plannin to take in jan....R u int in combined studies????Do reply...

hi shreya i want to take it in jan.
i can share information with you, but now what r u reading?
i also cam from india.
i am reading microbiology. what about you?
i can study for three days because i am taking other classes also.
so if u r interested, let me know.

I took my exam on OCT 28 for second time I got 89 I wanted 90 so bad but still I am so happy and I will go for part 2 and my TOEFL score is 97 so I guss I have to retake that too.

I took my exam on OCT 28 for second time I got 89 I wanted 90 so bad but still I am so happy and I will go for part 2 and my TOEFL score is 97 so I guss I have to retake that too.

congratulations for the great score..can u plz state ur individual subject score and how u planned ur preparation n help us all who r preparing ..

thanks a lot n good luck for ur future..

THANK YOU aim high
I scored 89 on the NBDE 1
Anatomy 77
Bio/physio 74
Dental Anatomy 91
Micro/patho 79

Hi everyone,
am a new member and will like to know where I can get NBDE part 1 study materials to buy?
thank u

Hi everyone,
am a new member and will like to know where I can get NBDE part 1 study materials to buy?
thank u

Go on e-bay I saw a package it was decks and released tests. and look for kaplan lecture notes search online.

hello...m new here...plan to start with nbde preps...can somebody help me out with it...i mean how 2 to go about it...my theory is not all that strong should i go back to my theory books?? or just read theory from the kaplans lecture notes?? is that enuf ?? i have kaplans usmle notes as well are they gud ??

Hi everyone I am new member in this thread. I am dentist from India ,presently in New York .I am planning to give NBDE-1 in may. Anyone interested in group study.Please let me know the material and right strategy to begin studies.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone

I am dentist from India ,presently in New Jersey .I am planning to RETAKE NBDE-1 in may.

I'm looking for a good study partner. please email me [email protected] for a good prepartaion

hi,

i have joined this forum recently, i have downloaded some study material from the links available......... but have no idea whether that study material is the preferred one..........foll. is the list
kaplan- 2001 review
dental decks- 2006-2007
released papers - 1977,78,79,81,87,89,98,99,2000,2002,2004

i wanted to know if i need to use any latest versions, if so r there any links to get it? ........
also recently i went through the first aid for nbde 2009.......... it looks like a reprinted copy.......... does anyone have an idea whether the first aid is useful? ...........i m planning to take the exam in june

regards
Hi,

I am a dentist from India. starting to prepare for NBDE part 1, currently looking for resources and study materials.

Could you please let me know some of the available links of the study material to begin with.......

Hey gaya and Shal 630, i am in IL too studying on NBDE part 1 and will give exam in Dec. Let me know if you guys wanna talk and discuss questions.

hi guys i live in chicago and am looking for guidance to give part 1.i am looking for a study partner,i have started with dental decks,2007 and just finished with anatomy.
pls help.

Hi guys,

Can some body tell me how should I apply for NBDE in india ?
The ada site only gives sites to america centers.

Hello I took the boards a year or so ago. My advice would be to first go through the dental decks, USMLE review book, go through old exams(all of them), then go through the decks again, and old test again. When you go through the old test make sure you don't just read the question give an answer and go on. Make sure to look up the other answers and how they could change the question to make it the answer. I would go through the incorrect answers on the first time you studied the exams, and then the second time before you took the exam i would just refresh yourself on the questions they ask(b/c there are alot of repeat questions). I also studied a dental anatomy text book.

This will take a long time to go through what i said. All the other text books you bought during school are useless. The only reason to bring them with you when you study would be to look up material that you are unfamilair with when you go over the old test.

I followed this routine as did the 3 other people i studied with and we all got superb scores.

And for those asking about USMLE first aid book. it is really alot better than the nbde, better explainations and diagrams. Only downfall is it doesnt cover dental anatomy.

Hello I took the boards a year or so ago. My advice would be to first go through the dental decks, USMLE review book, go through old exams(all of them), then go through the decks again, and old test again. When you go through the old test make sure you don't just read the question give an answer and go on. Make sure to look up the other answers and how they could change the question to make it the answer. I would go through the incorrect answers on the first time you studied the exams, and then the second time before you took the exam i would just refresh yourself on the questions they ask(b/c there are alot of repeat questions). I also studied a dental anatomy text book.

This will take a long time to go through what i said. All the other text books you bought during school are useless. The only reason to bring them with you when you study would be to look up material that you are unfamilair with when you go over the old test.

I followed this routine as did the 3 other people i studied with and we all got superb scores.

And for those asking about USMLE first aid book. it is really alot better than the nbde, better explainations and diagrams. Only downfall is it doesnt cover dental anatomy.
hai i want to know apart from wheelers ,kaplan,q papers what we have to study in dental anatomy.what about okeson?

Hi everyone
This s 1st time to take NBDE part I and I wonder if 5 months are enough to get high score. and where can I find old exams Q?
thanks

hi ther... i took the exam on march 21... i did terrible.. i do not even knok the score but... i think to retake it on june... how did you do it..... any tip??? please....

hi.. how did you get 89???? what did you use for studying ...????... I have dental decks and kaplan questions....what else do i have to read....??? I have to retake it on june......

Looking for serious study partner for part 1. Any where in Bay area.

Last edited:
I'm at very early stage of my NBDE part 1 prep. Would like to find a female study partner who is in similar stage. Please PM me if you're interested.

Hey
i am just in ur place.... just started to open books... have no much idea thou!!!! BTW do u ve study partner so that u can dicuss study materials?
I am looking for study partner thou!
wish u good luck !

Hi~ I am loking for someone who wants to study together..
I am a spanish, korean speaker living in L.A.

hi i wish to have a study partner , but i don't speak spanish is it okay . I live in la too

hi
i'm living in CA
planning retake part one in march/april
i didn't register myself for retake so plz tell me that can i retake exam or Not???????????????????????

hey ...
did anyone tried dental board buster ????
if yes !! is it good,,,??
lookin to hear from u guys pls !

I am taking the nbde part 1 next month... is there any one out there want's to share some good tips,,,,,,:oops: i live in west palm beach florida .... anyone who's looking for study partner...? thanks.....

hey guys which book u guys follow 4 patho?

hi,,,,
im looking for serious study partner in pakistan for nbde1...if anyone interested pm me

hie i m a new member here, just started preraring for nbde part 1, i am from india, currently in california, do i need to give part 2 as well? coz i heard tht few colleges dont need that from international students. plzz guide me how to prepare for part 1, i hav started with kaplan notes n dental decks.

Hi!

Anyone with some info about online sources to study for the NBDE, subjects like anatomy or bacteriology/virology parts, any video lectures that you guys think is good or have a link to?

Appreciate any help,

hey all,

got my exam in a week...computer crashed n lost all my ASDA papers...

can anyone help??? any help is extremely appreciated

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.