Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

NBDE Part 2 is out

Discussion in 'NBDE Exams & Licensure Exams' started by losingfaith27, 02.06.06.

1. Thanks to Crack the NBDE
  1. losingfaith27

losingfaith27 Junior Member

SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    for anyone that took it December 2005.
  2. ItsGavinC

ItsGavinC Moderator Emeritus

Dentist
    Dentist SDN 10+ Year Member
    I remember quite a few people being worried. How did it turn out? Should I stick to my thoughts of running through the Decks once? Do I need Kaplan?
  3. chinchaz

chinchaz Member

SDN 5+ Year Member
    We had 4 fail at our school and 68 pass. Most of them just studied the decks. Not many studied Kaplan at all.
  4. lnn2

lnn2 Oral Fixation

SDN 7+ Year Member
    I think that it's much easier to pass part 2 than part 1. Part 2 is mostly a test about how clueless you're as a dentist! You either know it or you don't, not how much you can cram in a few wks then regurgitate like part 1.
  5. I agree with Inn2. Studying is only marginally helpful for Part II. I'm not sure if the test is an accurate reflection of your clinical knowledge, but I'd like to think so. (I got a 90 and only studied for maybe 10 hours total.)
    Everybody in my class passed.
  6. ItsGavinC

Dentist
    Good news. I don't plan on studying much, but people in my class are already starting to freak out about the exam, and it's 9-10 months away.
  7. DcS

DcS damn the red baron

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Still yet to take it (or schedule it for that matter :idea: ) Better Get on that!
  8. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper

Non-Student
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    Damn, dientesfuertes! A freaking 90! Sweet job bro! I just started my Part II studying this afternoon and my computer exam is scheduled for the 27th & 28th. I'm using two weeks to study this biotch! 75 here I come baby!! :laugh:

That's my fellow Phase II Match colleague!! I'm not too far ahead of ya, maybe by 25 dental deck flashcards! :laugh:
  9. jpollei

jpollei Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Good call Gavin...I did virtually nothing and passed comfortably. As far as I'm aware UNC has 100% pass rate so far this year (with a few oddballs like DcS still to take it), and many of them didn't crack the decks, either. And I wouldn't say they all are particularly brilliant. :) So perhaps that speaks to not having to study so much. You'll do fine--probably about the same as those in your class who are paranoid about studying now.

My advice: wait until after the pedo MATCH date and take it on computer... that'll do much to help determine how much you really need to study.
  10. ItsGavinC

Dentist
    I think the timeframe that our dean wants us to take it in is December-February, so perhaps that'll work.
  11. sjdent

sjdent Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    I hate decks (too random), so I skimmed Kaplain twice (didn't take long since the book is short), and got an 82. 4 points lower than what I got on part 1.
  12. jpollei

jpollei Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    That is similar to most places. It's because you have to wait 90 days to retest...most deans want to allow you enough time to be able to retest before graduation if needed. I'm sure it won't be a problem for you, though. FYI my results came back in two weeks.
  13. DcS

DcS damn the red baron

SDN 7+ Year Member

Hey, I paid for it....at least that's the first step. I'd take it cold turkey but don't feel like paying the 300 or whatever to retake the computer if i needed to.
  14. ItsGavinC

Dentist
    I'll plan on taking it after match day, then.
  15. ItsGavinC

Dentist
    Actually, that's the second step. First step was going to ada.org/prometric. :p

Which reminds me, did anybody have difficulty finding Part 2 in the list on the Prometric site? All I see are a bunch of Part 1 options and the DAT.

[EDIT: nevermind, I see that internet scheduling for part 2 isn't available yet]
  16. orthopls

orthopls Junior Member

Dental Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Not sure it will be either. Requires 2 consecutive days. Day 1 for 8 hours and Day 2 for 3.5. I don't see them making the effort to program their reservations system to be able to do that. Somehow they seem to think human reps are better, yet I've head of several mix-ups with appointments.

Those who have made reservations should check on the prometric website with their confirmation number to make sure the customer rep you spoke with was competent enough to book 2 consecutive test dates. I'm booked for tomorrow and wednesday. can't wait to be done.
  17. ubc

ubc New Member

Dental Student
    Hi,

I need a used, recently released Deck for Part II. Anyone has it? Thanks.
  18. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper

Non-Student
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    So, I took my Part 2 on Monday & Tuesday, Feb 27th & 28th respectively and I haven't received my results yet? I felt pretty good coming out of the exam, I finished Day 1 in 5 hours (started around 9 AM and walked out of there around 2 PM). I didn't take the one-hour lunch break. Felt pretty good about it, guessed on some questions, but knew some questions too.

Second day, I started the exam at 2 PM was finished around 4 PM (2 hours total) on 10 patient cases. I didn't think the cases were too bad either! Many of my classmates thought the 2nd day was horrible, but I didn't think it was too bad?!

Who knows...all I want is to pass with a 74.5, but walking out of both days feeling good about it, getting a high 80s would be nice too!

My classmate who is #1 in our class, who got into Ortho, who also got a 98 on Part 1.......got a 98 also on Part 2! The kid is rock star!

I wonder when I'll get my results? I wonder what I got? Hope I didn't fail that thing! :scared: Oh, I studied all of maybe 4 days total hardcore (8 hours each time). My fingers are crossed, my friends....

I only used the following:

Dental Decks: only touched the Pharm (2xs) and Pedo decks (1x)
    Released Exams: only read the 1991 & 1993 exams
  19. paceman

paceman Member

SDN 5+ Year Member

I don't remember, but do the examiners round up? If so, getting a 74.5 would be so sweet!
  20. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper

Non-Student
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    Ladies & Gents:

I received my offical NBDE Part 2 score report today! I PASSED!! :clap: I took the exam on 2/27 & 2/28, report was printed on 3/9, and received 3/13, exactly 2 weeks turn around time from taking it to getting your score report!

Here are my results:

Sections Above National's Average:

Prosthodontics
    Oral Surgery/Pain Control
    Endodontics
    Periodontics
    Oral Pathology/Radiology

Sections Below National's Average:

Operative Dentistry :laugh:
    Pharmacology :thumbdown:
    Orthodontics/Pedodontics
    Patient Management
    Case-Based Items

My total Part 2 score, a whooping 80 baby!!

Hey, 4 days of studying and getting a 80, I'll freaking take it!! :laugh:
  21. ItsGavinC

Dentist
    Andy, good thing you did above average on the OS portion. :)

4 days for an 80 isn't half bad. I'll bet you could have pulled that same score with 2 days studying though. :thumbup:
  22. toof

toof New Member

Congrats to everyone!

How is the format for the Part II scores? I've heard you don't get individual scores - only one total score. Can you fail one section and not have to retake it because your overall score was passing? Also, how can some people get honors?

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal