NBDE Part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeepikaPoppaw

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends,
I am kind of new at SDN. I have only applied to few schools. At the moment interviewed at UMN, got my rejection today. I am planning to take my part 2 in Feb 2012, please advise what I need to buy to clear the exams.

Members don't see this ad.

is 3 months enough for Part 2 prep? Can anyone help?

I think it is. As long as you study hard. I was looking at some materials, and I find Part 2 easier than part 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am referring Deck as of now.. Mosby yet to buy. what about you? How many hours are you studying in a a day? For me it's going slow.. btw, I am aiming for Feb too..was just wondering?

I just started too. I work 8 to 5, so it is kind of difficult to study much. I am planning on 4 hours a day and around8 -10hours a weekend. I need to still buy the decks. I do have some ASDA old papers and Kaplan notes. I want to give it in February as after that I will apply for Colorado. Have you applied anywhere else?

Hello friends,
I am kind of new at SDN. I have only applied to few schools. At the moment interviewed at UMN, got my rejection today. I am planning to take my part 2 in Feb 2012, please advise what I need to buy to clear the exams.

Could you please share your stats?
I got my rejection from UMN , not even a interview ;(

What are you working as?

Hello friends,

Hi,
I am also planning to give part 2 in Feb. I'm jus wondering if you were looking for any study partner. I had 3 interviews this year, but couldn't get through.

For NBDE PART II I have a dvd with following contents:

1.dental decks Part II (2011-2012)
2.newly released Paper II-M (2010) & II-L (2007)
3.ASDA released papers (1978 -2005)
4.unreleased & remembered question papers (2005-07)
5.colored atlas (of prostho, perio, oral path, ortho, oral medicine)
6.burkit's oral medicine
7.kaplan Part II (entire review book)
8.Review of clinical dentistry
9.GARD
10.MCQ Part II
11.pharmacology cards
12.pharmacology high yield facts
13.Rudman's Part II (latest version)
14.NEV reviews by top teachers
15.clinical problem solving in ortho-pedo
16.master dentistry (contains clinical cases with radiographs/pictures as asked on DAY 2 of PART II)
17.article on bisphosphonates & osteonecrosis of jaws (asked in new pattern of NBDE II)
18.Revised american heart association guidelines for antibiotic prophylaxis
19.recent NBDE II questions (1000mcq with answer keys)
20.NBDE FIRST AID PART II (Latest edition)
21.Oxford Handbook of Clinical dentistry (helps in answering clinical scenarios on day II of exam)
22.miscellaneous items(special informative section on CAST PARTIAL DENTURES,tooth preparation for fixed prostho with coloured pictures.

all the best,
pm me if interested

Are you planning to sell these stuff?

Guys is it just me who is finding tuft pharma confusing? I really doubt if that is enough? i have the same queries for ortho and pedo too?Please guide me.

Otho n Pedro from deck...guys anyone?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have all the materials for part 2 just require packets J K L and M please if anyone has them and wants to share/sell it would be really helpful.

Could you please share your stats?
I got my rejection from UMN , not even a interview ;(

hah! i got a few rejections myself, only program i got an interview was alabama. i then thought, that i don't really see that i'll pay 60 grand a year when the rest of the guys pay 30 grand for 3 years... nbde should help. anyone doing any internships? how do you study for pharma?

Thought the program in UAB was closed 2 years back.

hi do you still have the materials you mentioned in your post? esp dental decks? please let me know asap

hi is there any chance you can share your materials with me? I can chip in

I've recently cleared my part 2!

Studied for a month and a half, about 2hrs/day on weekdays and 6-8hrs/day on weekends.

I've gone through Dental Decks twice, I've reviewed previous exams once (only the 4 most recent releases), and studied Pharma using the Tufts booklet.

Found the exam fairly easy, but I've got to say that the first year of dental school (IDP) helped quite a bit... A lot of confusing questions on patient management/behavior, and a fair amount of pathology/pharmacology.

Good luck everyone!

hi everyone!
I recently took my part 2 in December and passed it...
I studied for 4 weeks 10-12 hours/day...did the dental decks and K,L,M papers twice and TUFTs pharmacology notes...
I found that most of the questions were from the decks...
The case scenarios were a little confusing, but I dont see how I could have been better prepared for them!

Hey i was doing asda papers. They seem to be very difficult. 60 % is all i can get. Is the exam this difficult aswell or is it just the asda papers

Thanx, i have my exam in 10 days and the asda exams made me nervous. I was able to get 65 % though

does anyone want to sell the K, L, M papers?
or else is there any website where i can buy it from?

Hey guys,

Just started prep for NDBE-2. I am in the Philly area and plan on full time study with an estimated test date of March end. If any of you are in the same boat and would like to be a study buddy please let me know.

Thanks

I sent you a pm

My classmates and I all used MOSBYs and the TUFTs pharmacology preparatory material.
some supplemented w the decks.

I think I only heard of one person failing the exam our of the 100 students. And that was a first in years at UCLA.

Hello, Im planning to take my part 2 sometime in April. I have the decks from 2007-2008. do you think its bit too old to study from?

do the new decks it has more and newer information than the older ones. i think i have 2011-12. i dont knw if these are the new if u need send me ur email

do the new decks it has more and newer information than the older ones. i think i have 2011-12. i dont knw if these are the new if u need send me ur email
hi
ru planning to share new decks or to sell??
if u can share il PM u my mail id.
thank you soo much

Hi,
does any one take part 2 recently in 2013?

hi i would like to do group study for nbde part 2 . my email id is priyankasharma23452gmail.com

Can someone pm me if they have hard copy of the latest decks for part 2 they would like to get rid of. Thanks!

Hi
I am taking my exam in may 2013...anybody taking in may?

Hi
I am taking my exam in may 2013...anybody taking in may?

When did u start! I'm starting to prep for step II ! But I have no idea on how long I might need!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile

Deepika.. How did your exam go by the way? I hope you are done by now. Please share your experience. Will be of great help.

Just passed part 2 last month , i have a lot of part 2 materials all hard copies even the Asda book from A to L , mosby ,videos, decks ,question, pm me if you wanna buy them.

Good luck guys

hii m also starting my preparation for nbde part 2...can anyone if 4 months is sufficient for d prep??

Dental deck, mosbys, first aid and ASDA papers JKLM. Let me know if you need any material I can help you out.

hey dreamsinfinity,,,is it ok to just go thru decks and mosby once and solve asda papers twice,,,can i pass with this much