NBDE Part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am having more than 200 international books in soft format. It contains all standard mcq books and number of reference books also.

Contact for more details at [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

I gave my part 2 on the 10th n 11th. Still haven't received my scores yet. Should I be worried?

Hi dear dentist,
I m planning to take part 2 on 20may2014, could you please tell me what should I do?
I was started with Mosby but it is too difficult for me!!
For a month i just studied 50 pages
Please give me advise or any thing................
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question about the part 2 asda released questions. Has anyone tried doing these in an exam mode? I scored relatively lower on these when I tried doing it as an exam and scored in the 50s (Raw score) while my performance on Kaplan Qbank is in 70s. I am really concerned as I am writing NBDE part 2 in 5 days.
Do you guys know if the released questions are reflective of the actual exam? those who passed part 2, how much were you scoring on asda test packets.

I have a question about the part 2 asda released questions. Has anyone tried doing these in an exam mode? I scored relatively lower on these when I tried doing it as an exam and scored in the 50s (Raw score) while my performance on Kaplan Qbank is in 70s. I am really concerned as I am writing NBDE part 2 in 5 days.
Do you guys know if the released questions are reflective of the actual exam? those who passed part 2, how much were you scoring on asda test packets.
was scoring in 60-70s. got my result today and i passed :)

feel free to ask more questions!

:)
Hey Congratulations
Could you please guide me what material did you study?
Any tips
I am planning to give part 2 by the third week of may
Just started my prep
But don't know how to study :(

:)
Hey Congratulations
Could you please guide me what material did you study?
Any tips
I am planning to give part 2 by the third week of may
Just started my prep
But don't know how to study :(
thanks. pls scroll above and read my study schedule.. ive given a very detailed account already.. so have others! ull find lots of info in this thread! best of luck. dont stress!

I am sorry I scrolled up
And looked for your msg in all the three but couldn't find it

I am sorry I scrolled up
And looked for your msg in all the three but couldn't find it
oh daym.. it was on another forum.. go thru this forum called 'nbde exams and licensure exams' ull gind plenty of posts and threads thatll help u!anyways i'm copy pasting my experience form there to save u time! :)

Hello everyone!

Since I got a lot of help from this forum I'm giving back to it:) Here's my experience giving the crazy 12 hour long exam that is NBDE 2..

DAY 1: pretty straight forward questions.. had a LOT of DIRECT REPEATS from the current version of Mosby's, some from past ASDA papers and a lot of questions that got posted in the NBDE 2 facebook group.. if you arent a part of that group, i highly recommend it to you! its a real gem! people post their doubts and questions from past papers on it.. and id gotten into a habit of getting on it every 2-3 days and giving myself a lil pop quiz.. it was really helpful! (who knew facebook could come handy?lol).. a lot of questions from the little CD that comes with the mosby book also were on my exam! i did have some weird questions tho.. about some drug interactions which id never heard of.. i dont think i could have prepared for that even if i would have studied twice as hard as i did though..

DAY 2: weird.. i thought since there are only 100 qs to go thru in 3.5 hours i would half plenty of time to revise.. boy, was i wrong! u sit for like 15 minutes on each case! and by the end i was so short of time! i couldnt revise more than half of my marked questions.. and that for me was a bummer.. im usually the kind of student who answers the question even if im not sure and then mark it only to come bk to it later to think over it more.. i didnt get ANY time to do that at all today so that was bad..

they asked a lot of drug interactions again today.. i hate pharmac and im not very good at it.. so that was a bit sad.. i just hope i pass :(

TIMELINE of my studies:

2 months in total! jan + feb

jan: full decks once properly and mosby full

feb: tufts once and decks 2nd and 3rd revision properly, mosby CD, ASDA papers twice! and a lot of going over questions ppl would post on the aforementioned fb group!

day before the exam i was mostly relaxing.. didnt do too much serious studying coz i was a bit fed up after 2 months of hard core studies.. i did light reading and i made sure i went over decks for the 4th time before my exam...just flipped the cards basically.. ad went over the basic numerical formulae that come and eruption charts etc etc

IMP points:

1) i got a LOT of implant questions on the first day.. decks does NOT prepare u well for that.. i suggest going through some text books for implants..
2) i didnt get too much of ortho planning or pt management which everyone told me would come.. i was a bit disappointed with that:p i had prepared well for that!
3) got a lot of endo and radiographs related questions! let me tell u that the radiograph quality is BAD and i had to literally put my nose to the computer too see what radiolucency they are toking about! SYNDROMES- atleast 3-4 questions! very easy ones which decks has taken care of sufficiently! a lot of patho also.. Diff diag types.. make sure you know clinical presentation/histo path/dd etc.. i think oral patho/radio had the most weightage in my exam!

i hope this has helped soemone! i used 2 read a lot of the experiences ppl post on this group n that helped me organize my study! best of luck to all!

Reactions: 4 users
oh daym.. it was on another forum.. go thru this forum called 'nbde exams and licensure exams' ull gind plenty of posts and threads thatll help u!anyways i'm copy pasting my experience form there to save u time! :)

Hello everyone!

Since I got a lot of help from this forum I'm giving back to it:) Here's my experience giving the crazy 12 hour long exam that is NBDE 2..

DAY 1: pretty straight forward questions.. had a LOT of DIRECT REPEATS from the current version of Mosby's, some from past ASDA papers and a lot of questions that got posted in the NBDE 2 facebook group.. if you arent a part of that group, i highly recommend it to you! its a real gem! people post their doubts and questions from past papers on it.. and id gotten into a habit of getting on it every 2-3 days and giving myself a lil pop quiz.. it was really helpful! (who knew facebook could come handy?lol).. a lot of questions from the little CD that comes with the mosby book also were on my exam! i did have some weird questions tho.. about some drug interactions which id never heard of.. i dont think i could have prepared for that even if i would have studied twice as hard as i did though..

DAY 2: weird.. i thought since there are only 100 qs to go thru in 3.5 hours i would half plenty of time to revise.. boy, was i wrong! u sit for like 15 minutes on each case! and by the end i was so short of time! i couldnt revise more than half of my marked questions.. and that for me was a bummer.. im usually the kind of student who answers the question even if im not sure and then mark it only to come bk to it later to think over it more.. i didnt get ANY time to do that at all today so that was bad..

they asked a lot of drug interactions again today.. i hate pharmac and im not very good at it.. so that was a bit sad.. i just hope i pass :(

TIMELINE of my studies:

2 months in total! jan + feb

jan: full decks once properly and mosby full

feb: tufts once and decks 2nd and 3rd revision properly, mosby CD, ASDA papers twice! and a lot of going over questions ppl would post on the aforementioned fb group!

day before the exam i was mostly relaxing.. didnt do too much serious studying coz i was a bit fed up after 2 months of hard core studies.. i did light reading and i made sure i went over decks for the 4th time before my exam...just flipped the cards basically.. ad went over the basic numerical formulae that come and eruption charts etc etc

IMP points:

1) i got a LOT of implant questions on the first day.. decks does NOT prepare u well for that.. i suggest going through some text books for implants..
2) i didnt get too much of ortho planning or pt management which everyone told me would come.. i was a bit disappointed with that:p i had prepared well for that!
3) got a lot of endo and radiographs related questions! let me tell u that the radiograph quality is BAD and i had to literally put my nose to the computer too see what radiolucency they are toking about! SYNDROMES- atleast 3-4 questions! very easy ones which decks has taken care of sufficiently! a lot of patho also.. Diff diag types.. make sure you know clinical presentation/histo path/dd etc.. i think oral patho/radio had the most weightage in my exam!

i hope this has helped soemone! i used 2 read a lot of the experiences ppl post on this group n that helped me organize my study! best of luck to all!
Much much much needed help

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my NBDE part 2 results yesterday and I passed. Thanks, to this forum, for it had guided me in my preparation for the exam. Day 1 was not that good for me, the main reason is that I did not sleep properly the night before. So, guys make it a point that you have a good night sleep because it really effects your performance without doubt. Day 2 was O.K for me as I was relaxed. That being said, each examinee gets different questions, so I will not stress on a particular subject, so one should try to get a grasp of all the subjects, for me most of the questions were based on patient management, operative, periodontics questions. I found only 2-3 direct questions from previous ASDA papers. But, the more you study, the more you will be able to answer correctly even if it is just a guess. I used dental decks, ASDA papers, Kaplan online, first aid Q n A, Mosby and googled a lot.

Reactions: 1 users
I got my NBDE part 2 results yesterday and I passed. Thanks, to this forum, for it had guided me in my preparation for the exam. Day 1 was not that good for me, the main reason is that I did not sleep properly the night before. So, guys make it a point that you have a good night sleep because it really effects your performance without doubt. Day 2 was O.K for me as I was relaxed. That being said, each examinee gets different questions, so I will not stress on a particular subject, so one should try to get a grasp of all the subjects, for me most of the questions were based on patient management, operative, periodontics questions. I found only 2-3 direct questions from previous ASDA papers. But, the more you study, the more you will be able to answer correctly even if it is just a guess. I used dental decks, ASDA papers, Kaplan online, first aid Q n A, Mosby and googled a lot.
congratts honestly...when was your xam...how long it took for the result?

Last edited:
congratts honestly...when was your xam...how long it took for the result?
On 6th and 7th March. Got the results on 1st April. Sometimes they give the results within 2 weeks. It varies so try not give near any deadline.

Congrats...how long did u prepare?
took 3 months. Have a baby so took that long, otherwise if you have whole day in your hand, then you should be good with less than that.

Hey all,

how much avg time is required to prepare part2 ?
and can u tell me how much hrs did u study?
any help will be really appreciable..............

Hi there. I have a doubt !
I'm trying to apply for nbde part 2. The application asks for which states' dental boards you want to send your score to. I'm not sure which ones to choose. Could anybody please help me with this ?

Congrats...how long did u prepare?
Hi i just started NBDE part 2 preparation and i have a kid too . Please can you guide me on the detailed study for NBDE part 2 and also how many hours did you study everyday with a a kid ?

I'm planning to give part 2 in July any study partner would be welcomed ...

Any one interested to sell hard copies of decks,mosby and first aid for part2...pls give reply if there's anyone

Any one interested to sell hard copies of decks,mosby and first aid for part2...pls give reply if there's anyone
I can help. Please leave your email and I will contact you.

hi there im looking for a female study partner for nbde part 2 ...planin to take the exam by the end of august any1 interested plz email me at [email protected]

Hey everyone I have a question when is best time to take part 2 when the international students enrolled already in program doesnot take.

Hey everyone I have a question when is best time to take part 2 when the international students enrolled already in program doesnot take.
I do not think it matters. People are taking exam year round, ether international or regular. The only difference is it may be more difficult to schedule a month or two before cycle starts (feb - march)

Hi friends...can anyone explain me regarding the nbde part 2 day 2, how it actually be and how do we need to prepare for that and what all the different kinds of questions? As I don't have any idea about part 2 any information from those who cleared part 2 or preparing would be of a great help.and I'm thinking that part 2 day 1 will be the same as part 1 because it is of 400 questions and decks , mosby,asda woul be enough for those?please respond for this do let me know and also all others preparing for part 2.thank you

took 3 months. Have a baby so took that long, otherwise if you have whole day in your hand, then you should be good with less than that.
Hi honesty,
Congrats!! I am also preparing for exam with a baby.. What keeps u motivated as I feel it's too difficult. Plz guide me with the books n ur study schedule.. Thanks in advance.

Hi honesty,
Congrats!! I am also preparing for exam with a baby.. What keeps u motivated as I feel it's too difficult. Plz guide me with the books n ur study schedule.. Thanks in advance.
I used to study with her on my lap. :) Motivation was just that I love to stand on my own feet. Books were mostly Mosby, first aid Q n A. Decks recent ones. I tried to study as much as I can, I used to stay studying late night but that is not quite healthy sometimes if one can't make up our sleep. But try to study whenever u get time, just don't give up. We may take some few months more but its worth it. :)

Hi friends...can anyone explain me regarding the nbde part 2 day 2, how it actually be and how do we need to prepare for that and what all the different kinds of questions? As I don't have any idea about part 2 any information from those who cleared part 2 or preparing would be of a great help.and I'm thinking that part 2 day 1 will be the same as part 1 because it is of 400 questions and decks , mosby,asda woul be enough for those?please respond for this do let me know and also all others preparing for part 2.thank you
If you have no idea then you should start by reading the official NBDE part 2 guide. I can tell you this, day 2 is one session only, with 100 questions that are case-based (you'll get about 10 cases or so). Those cases will have medical and dental history, charts and xrays, etc. So expect questions that are more clinically oriented, about those cases.

Hi there. I have a doubt !
I'm trying to apply for nbde part 2. The application asks for which states' dental boards you want to send your score to. I'm not sure which ones to choose. Could anybody please help me with this ?
You can probably skip this now, later on when you are ready to apply for the license you can request the scores sent to the state dental board.

If you have no idea then you should start by reading the official NBDE part 2 guide. I can tell you this, day 2 is one session only, with 100 questions that are case-based (you'll get about 10 cases or so). Those cases will have medical and dental history, charts and xrays, etc. So expect questions that are more clinically oriented, about those cases.

Thank you so much..can I know what all are the sources available to prepare for part 2 specifically.

You can probably skip this now, later on when you are ready to apply for the license you can request the scores sent to the state dental board.

Thank you for replying.

Hi am looking for part 2 material anyone interested in selling please pm me

If anyone has some materials for nbde p2 for sale please contact me
ashmailusa (at) gmail.com

hi, everyone, NBDE part 2 dental decks needed, 2012 or latest version. aidiyao at gmail.com , thanks

My nbde part 2 exam is in 20 days. I did k series asda got 284 out of 400, do you think I'm prepared or need to take some more time for prep. And for part 2 I read decks,mosby,tufts .any one pls respond I'm worried and need your suggestions particularly for day 2.thank you

Last edited: