NBDE Part II..just want to pass..study tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

docveda

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am just looking for a passing score for the part 2...i started studying decks and mosby and seems like that are soo much more info in mosby.

are the decks enough to pass part II? if so ill just review the decks. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
am studying mosbeys as well as decks,, to be honest both of them important, mosby is short but it has a very very good clinical information that u might need in the exam

ive heard that the decks are plenty just to pass...mosby info is so much more denser. i just wanted to do the decks twice...and be done with.

does anyone else have any advice?

Jus started wid part 2 prep a week back and hav to give by may end.. Could someone please suggest whether doing decks nicely and asda papers frm 1993 onwards is sufficient to pass the exam? Any help wud be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jus started wid part 2 prep a week back and hav to give by may end.. Could someone please suggest whether doing decks nicely and asda papers frm 1993 onwards is sufficient to pass the exam? Any help wud be appreciated.

You need to do mosby's also. Only doing decks for part 1 will suffice but not for part 2. So many people fail part 2 the first time, so it's better you try not to study the minimum amount.

You need to do mosby's also. Only doing decks for part 1 will suffice but not for part 2. So many people fail part 2 the first time, so it's better you try not to study the minimum amount.

@ asd1234 Thanks a lot for the info :) Wil definitely try to supplement the prep wid mosby's too. I hope I clear it with decks, mosby and asda papers.

I think Decks and Tuft pharmacology and Mosby are enough to pass.
I passed part II studying Mosby's ethical and dental management, Tuft pharmacology and Decks for everything else.
Mosby's perio, endo or restorative parts are not detailed enough while Decks' pharmacology is too much detailed which will not be asked in the actual exam. Just make sure you study Tuft pharmacology inside out and you will be able to answer all the pharmacology questions in part II.

cool! mosby for ethics, tufts pharma and then decks for everything else!!!

looks like a formula for success :D

THANKS HOAK!

hi folks...I have started studying for part 2....can someone guide me about the asda papers...I mean do i need to do all asda papers from a to m series???plz guide me....

I think Decks and Tuft pharmacology and Mosby are enough to pass.
I passed part II studying Mosby's ethical and dental management, Tuft pharmacology and Decks for everything else.
Mosby's perio, endo or restorative parts are not detailed enough while Decks' pharmacology is too much detailed which will not be asked in the actual exam. Just make sure you study Tuft pharmacology inside out and you will be able to answer all the pharmacology questions in part II.

Thanks a lot for the reply. Hope things end well. :)

Hi,
Please friends let me know from where should I study ethics and patient management part?? Mosby is very complex and hard!! Does the decks enough for patient management part??
Thanks

so guys anyone else?

if we all study just decks thorougly is that enough to pass?? with mosby for pt managment ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I have 3 questions, has anyone heard about KAPLAN PART II books or if they are good? From what I see on this forum, it seems like Mosby is the best. Am I right? becuae I noticed you all are planing to read Mosby. My second question is about Rudman? Should I or shouldnt I buy it? My third and last question is the result announced as pass/fail or there will be scoring? Im giving part II because im preparing to apply for advance studies for internationally graduated dentist. Any information is highly appreciated. Thanx

Hi! Anybody know the recent questions asked in nbde part 2 exam? Which subjects to focus upon? Anybody gave nbde part 2 recently

usually we have to answer correctly how many questions of 500 to pass exam?
those who have passed exam, how were your scores on ASDA paper?

many thanks

Yes i Agree that you need to also do MOSBYs i feel and also ASDA too TO PASS

Someone used to tell me that you need about 320/500 to pass, but I cannot verify that.

Hey ,planning to take NBDE part 2 very soon..do anyone know where can we get or download the materials?? i dont have any of them..plz suggest!!!

Hey every body, I am planning to prepare for part 2 and I was checking how long it takes to prepare. Some people say 1-2 months, to me that seems sooo short to study well for the exam, it might be enough for a current dental student. I just wanted to know the average time for an international student to prepare.. I have the decks and Mosby, will stick to them as a study material..

hi... How can i prepare for the 2nd day exam of part 2. The ADA released question papers do not cover case history type format.Thank you

Hey every body, I am planning to prepare for part 2 and I was checking how long it takes to prepare. Some people say 1-2 months, to me that seems sooo short to study well for the exam, it might be enough for a current dental student. I just wanted to know the average time for an international student to prepare.. I have the decks and Mosby, will stick to them as a study material..

I'm an FTD ....studied part 2 for 2 months....studied thes subjects 7 yrs back....

U hav to study fast and by doing so u can study and revise all the subjects once in that 2 months...
I used decks,mosby for pt mang..and l,m asda papers...
It's little stressful but u can do it...

Good luck

I'm an FTD ....studied part 2 for 2 months....studied thes subjects 7 yrs back....

U hav to study fast and by doing so u can study and revise all the subjects once in that 2 months...
I used decks,mosby for pt mang..and l,m asda papers...
It's little stressful but u can do it...

Good luck
Thank you my friend for the advice.. I will try to study hard and fast..

Read ADA book Code of ethics.. Must .. you would certainly get few questions from that.

Also, to read ethics remember all the subheadings, like what all examples will be included in veracity non-maleficience and so on. They would give you an examle and ask you.. whicg quality does it say.

For all patient management and Insurance thing, read it from Mosby's for sure, even if you dont read the whole of MOsby's..
Decks are sufficient ofcourse apart from the miscellaneouos topics that require Mosbys..

I was taking a look to the dental decks in ottho and it seems so brief, is that enough for the exam? I mean would the exam questions would be very general in ortho? no details required?!

make sure you ask your friends about the recently asked topics because they repeat that. do pharmacology, patient management extremely well. do patient management from mosby as well as decks. pharma, we had amazing notes and mostly the qs were based from our notes. dont focus too much on decks. its not like part 1. make sure you have read mosby's for ortho,pedo. do decks for all others. do physics of radiology as well.

make sure you ask your friends about the recently asked topics because they repeat that. do pharmacology, patient management extremely well. do patient management from mosby as well as decks. pharma, we had amazing notes and mostly the qs were based from our notes. dont focus too much on decks. its not like part 1. make sure you have read mosby's for ortho,pedo. do decks for all others. do physics of radiology as well.

HI... i have decks..where can i get mosby from? Any pattern has changed...Is decks,ASDA and mosby enuff...ASDA papers are from which year? i dont have Mosby..Can u help..Thanks...any advise welcome...THANKS AGAIN

I have a question regarding operative, there are many commercial names for dental materials, are these important for the exam, do we have to memorize them? Thanks

hey.. I got my results back and passed Part 2... it is not an easy exam do not take it lightly. I found that a lot of questions were specific to the US population. I studied Mosby's, Tufts, Dental Decks and of course ASDA papers. Good luck to all. BTW took 20 days to get my results.

hey.. I got my results back and passed Part 2... it is not an easy exam do not take it lightly. I found that a lot of questions were specific to the US population. I studied Mosby's, Tufts, Dental Decks and of course ASDA papers. Good luck to all. BTW took 20 days to get my results.

Can you please tell us whether you found Mosby's to be more useful than decks or were both equally good? Thanks in advance.

From what I understand you do need around 300 to pass but if you fail one section bad enough or the clinical case you could still get in the high 300's and fail the way they have there grading system set up, which is stupid. One of my class mates got a 74 and showed me his report a few years back, he got 395 questions rite but bombed oral path.

From what I understand you do need around 300 to pass but if you fail one section bad enough or the clinical case you could still get in the high 300's and fail the way they have there grading system set up, which is stupid. One of my class mates got a 74 and showed me his report a few years back, he got 395 questions rite but bombed oral path.

OMG that is scary ...:scared:

Thank you hammered for the reply ....330 is attainable score...but 395 is a huge number for a PASS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.