NBEO Part 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moniii

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I passed the NBEO optomery Part 3 but I'd like to re-take it to get a better score.
If I fail when I re-take it, would this invalidate my initial score on part 3 in order to get licensed ?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Because for Florida you 75% on BIO, 90D and slit lamp.
I didnt get 75% on the 90D

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't believe that they "revoke" your overall passing score if you fail the second time around but seriously....if you scored over 75 on every other section, the chances that you would FAIL taking it a second time around is vanishingly small. Don't worry about it.

Hi,

I passed the NBEO optomery Part 3 but I'd like to re-take it to get a better score.
If I fail when I re-take it, would this invalidate my initial score on part 3 in order to get licensed ?

Thank you

You don't want to end up with incorrect information, so I would recommend directing this inquiry to the N.B.E.O.: [email protected].

I already sent an email
The answer:

"When we release your score reports to the individual states that you requested they be sent too, they will see both set of scores. It is up to the individual state to decide which score they would accept."

I already sent an email
The answer:

"When we release your score reports to the individual states that you requested they be sent too, they will see both set of scores. It is up to the individual state to decide which score they would accept."

Sounds like you should contact the Florida state boards then.
Florida also recently took away their state practicals, so relying on past information from posters might not be the best idea...contact them directly