Nbme 7?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JasonE

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on whether I should take NBME 7?

I took 11,12, and 13. Did fine. Not sure if 7 is worth the time.

Members don't see this ad.

People say 7 is the most accurate form.

If you want another measure of how you do, then sure, by all means.

Where did you hear this? All I keep hearing is to take the most recent ones.

on that note, is there an "unofficial ranking" out there about which nbme's are the most useful/accurate? I searched the forum a bunch but couldn't find anything :( I think I'm looking to take 3 of them before test day

Members don't see this ad :)
I think NBME 7 was particularly well-regarded before 11/12/13 were around. Because of that, it has more votes in that poll and a lot of general support around the Internet. Among recent test-takers, my impression is that 11/12 have been considered to be the best predictors.

That said, my scores were about the same on 7 and 11. 11 was a bit higher, but that's probably because I took it a bit later. And my score on 12 was a lot higher, but that's probably because of 1.5 weeks of DIT in between 11 and 12.

anyone have opinions on how the UWSAs fit into this? I guess they overestimate your score a bit, but are they good for practice questions at least?

anyone have opinions on how the UWSAs fit into this? I guess they overestimate your score a bit, but are they good for practice questions at least?

yeah it's 368 more high-quality UW questions, with some material not explicitly covered in the qbank itself. definitely worth doing.

My 7 and 11 scores were almost the same. How was 12 compared to 11?

I might take a break from NBMEs for the next 2 weeks and and try one of the UWSA. I'm trying to push up my exam date to get a longer vacation :xf:

took 7, 11, 12, 13. thought they were all about the same except for 11, which i thought was easier. all my scores were pretty much the same too.