NBME concepts clarification.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pamplemousse123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions about NBME 11 concepts:

1) The melanoma that regresses is due to Cytotoxic T cells. However, NK cells also play a role, correct? If so, then why
Antibody dependent cellular rxn incorrect?

2) The pneumothorax question:
25 yo man comes in with SOB and chest pain during exercise. Has asthma and major depressive disorder...tempt and bp normal, RR=30, Osat =93%. No murmurs or increased JVP (Lab: Hgb=13, pH=7.46, pCO2=26, PO2=60). A chest x-ray is shown (sorry don't have this on me). What pul finding most likely?
- Decreased breath sounds -
If anyone still has the chest x ray - the trachea is deviated away from the lung that is pneumothorax'ed - that indicates tension and not spontaneou, however, his clinical vignette indicates that this is a spontaneous pneumothorax. Can someone please explain this?

My apologies for not posting the questions/x ray. To those who plan to take NBME exams online, you should definitely make note of the questions you weren't sure about so that you can research it after your exam. Extended feedback, imo, is a total waste!

Any explanation would be very much appreciated! :) Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: