NC State University C/O 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hope everyone enjoyed the welcome reception and open house!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I saw your ferret @Trilt !
Not mine, actually! He belongs to one of my classmates - but he was adopted from the same group in our ferret medicine course, so it's pretty close! They didn't end up using my business because I couldn't be there at the end of the day to pick them all up. :)

I know I had fun, and I already go here :)
Seriously! I was only there for the early morning, but we had an amazing assortment of stuff set up this year.

Reactions: 1 user
Not mine, actually! He belongs to one of my classmates - but he was adopted from the same group in our ferret medicine course, so it's pretty close! They didn't end up using my business because I couldn't be there at the end of the day to pick them all up. :)

[/QUOTE

Aww!! Glad to know! It was cute (of course!) and it was all snuggled up in the blankets looking likea boss lol

Hello Class of 2019 Applicants! I am the NC State Admissions Coordinator for the College of Veterinary Medicine. As you begin the application process, leave any questions you may have here and I will do my best to get them answered.

Good Evening,

I was wondering if any changes have made on the Out of State waitlist? Please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Thanks!

Good Evening,

I was wondering if any changes have made on the Out of State waitlist? Please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Thanks!
As soon as we have an update regarding your admissions status you will be notified at the email address that you listed on your VMCAS application.

Does anybody know how long we have to make our decision if we get called off the waitlist? Also, what is the deposit? Thank you!

Does anybody know how long we have to make our decision if we get called off the waitlist? Also, what is the deposit? Thank you!
I emailed someone in admissions who said typically you will have a week to make a decision if called off the waitlist. I can't find anything about a deposit

All information for the deposit will be provided once you have received an offer of admission. The deposit amount is $250.

Keep the faith, ISers! Just got in off the waiting list! That's at least 2
and it's not even April 15th......!!!

Does any one recall how much the rabies vaccine costs provided by the cvm clinic? Trying to see if I should get it back home now or in the fall at NCSU! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have the student health insurance, it will be free.

Another silly question :(, it says that the iPad is not recommended bc it's not compatible for flash programs, but I do have one and intend on using that to take notes in lecture and such. Based on the content of the courses and classes, will using the iPad really hinder my studying ability?

I also have a laptop that I can use for flash, but no CD drive, so will that hurt me as well I the class?

Another silly question :(, it says that the iPad is not recommended bc it's not compatible for flash programs, but I do have one and intend on using that to take notes in lecture and such. Based on the content of the courses and classes, will using the iPad really hinder my studying ability?

I also have a laptop that I can use for flash, but no CD drive, so will that hurt me as well I the class?

Lots of my classmates use iPads with keyboard attachments. There have only been a couple things that didn't work for them through the years, I personally wouldn't stress about it.

Only thing I've been sad about not having a CD drive for is that a lot of the zoo/exotics electives will give you a CD with the information from the class. Last one I took, I suggested they consider cheap thumb drives going forward, so that might change. All in all, not a big deal not to have one.

We have a fair amount of people that use their iPads. As far as lectures go, we don't use flash... That I know of. You can check out a laptop from the library if needed when you are at school.

Has anyone on the out of state waitlist been notified of an acceptance yet?

Has anyone on the out of state waitlist been notified of an acceptance yet?

YEESSS!!! :soexcited: I was accepted today! (OS Waitlisted) I received an email early in the morning. I still can't believe it! :love:

They email and dont call? Too bad it's not more personal! Congrats btw!!!!!!

For current students- I heard the school registers students for classes, but what about the elective courses?

I was also told that the registration instructions for the selectives will be sent in the first two weeks of the semester.

Thanks for any help!

@Swongy, you will hear about selectives the first couple weeks of the semester. They tend to change according to schedules of the professors/faculty. That email will have instructions in it about registering and Kirk will have a meeting with you guys about the process.

You will get an email about elective registration sometime (maybe during the summer? or closer to the start of school).

School will register you for your main classes, since your whole class will be taking the same exact classes.

Reactions: 1 users
Any more ppl called off the wait list? Not getting hopes up anymore :/

Any more ppl called off the wait list? Not getting hopes up anymore :/
We had multiple people get called off in the weeks before orientation last year. Good luck!

Aw! Congrats -- so happy for you!!

I just called and the woman I spoke with said that due to "delays" that they did not even have a new timeframe to give yet. Who knows what that means.