NC State University c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still 6 weeks to wait for IS, but does anyone know if the letters will be sent via email or snail mail? You OOS guys and gals better be screaming from the rooftops so we can congratulate you in the coming weeks!

Also, I'm in a very transitional stage right now and I'd like to make sure I don't plan something for a day I'm expected to be somewhere else. I'd like to leave a space in my schedule for an accepted students day (fingers crossed). Not finding out until mid-March makes it more difficult to plan ahead. Does anyone have a clue when that might be?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Still 6 weeks to wait for IS, but does anyone know if the letters will be sent via email or snail mail? You OOS guys and gals better be screaming from the rooftops so we can congratulate you in the coming weeks!

Also, I'm in a very transitional stage right now and I'd like to make sure I don't plan something for a day I'm expected to be somewhere else. I'd like to leave a space in my schedule for an accepted students day (fingers crossed). Not finding out until mid-March makes it more difficult to plan ahead. Does anyone have a clue when that might be?

Thanks

I believe that they come by email, and through a little digging I saw that last year they had an accepted students event at the very end of March

I believe that they come by email, and through a little digging I saw that last year they had an accepted students event at the very end of March
I knew I had heard email, but I was reading in some prior threads not that long ago that it was still mail. Just making sure.
I had stumbled upon the site that showed the accepted students day at one point, but couldn't for the life of me find it again.
Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
I knew I had heard email, but I was reading in some prior threads not that long ago that it was still mail. Just making sure.
I had stumbled upon the site that showed the accepted students day at one point, but couldn't for the life of me find it again.
Thank you
Last year was the first year that they started doing acceptances via email. My class (2018) still got them via snail mail... it was a VERy recent change :)

Reactions: 1 user
I know they said by February 15th we'd hear something, but does anyone know a specific date at which they'll be sending out decisions?

I know they said by February 15th we'd hear something, but does anyone know a specific date at which they'll be sending out decisions?

In the past it seems as thought it is the Friday before the 15. So we would be looking at 2/12, but this isn't for sure as anything could happen. Both C/0 2018,2019 were notified the Friday before the 15.

Decision Letter Clarification
Last year we converted from U.S. mail to e-mail. Applicants will receive decision notification via e-mail with the decision letter included as a PDF attachment.
Non-Resident letters will be sent the week of February 15. The exact day(s) and time is still TBD.

Reactions: 8 users
Admitted Student Day
We will host an admitted student day on Friday, April 1, 2016.
Details will be sent shortly after decision letters are received.

Reactions: 10 users
Any other IS applicants struggling with this wait? I need to channel my energy in to something else!

Any other IS applicants struggling with this wait? I need to channel my energy in to something else!
It's not like I've had a countdown since Jan 1 or anything....
Yes!!!! The fact that so many others know already and I'm still planning the next year of my life with 2 different paths is killing me. I'll be with my family and a friend early March. I was hoping the original March 1 schedule would hold so I could tell them in person and have the celebration or support. Now just lots of questions when I see them. :-/

Reactions: 1 users
My spring break is the second week of March and now that the date is pushed back I feel like I will just be on edge that whole week instead of relaxing!

My spring break is the second week of March and now that the date is pushed back I feel like I will just be on edge that whole week instead of relaxing!
Oh dear...nothing to keep you busy to forget? At least you can party hard :)
Fingers crossed they release it early.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh dear...nothing to keep you busy to forget? At least you can party hard :)
Fingers crossed they release it early.

Just clinic work and classes for me right now *sigh*. I need to pick up a new hobby to distract me.

Anyone else think today is the day for OOS??

I'm not expecting to hear anything until next week sometime. It would certainly be nice to hear today, though. :)

I was just thinking I'm glad for the OOS'ers that they are doing emails because the 15th is a Federal holiday so there would have been no mail anyway.
Good luck to everyone whether it is today, Monday, or sometime next week!

Hopefully tomorrow is the end of the wait for those OOS! Good luck to everyone!

meanwhile, I'll be here twiddling my thumbs for the next month...

Reactions: 4 users
I wonder what the chances are of finding out tomorrow since it's a holiday? OOS and super antsy--I can't imagine the wait you poor IS'ers are going through!

Reactions: 2 users
We don't have off at my school so I am hoping we hear tomorrow!

I wonder what the chances are of finding out tomorrow since it's a holiday? OOS and super antsy--I can't imagine the wait you poor IS'ers are going through!
We don't have off at my school so I am hoping we hear tomorrow!

I just looked at NCSU's academic calendar and I don't think they have tomorrow off either. I'm hoping we'll hear tomorrow, but we may not hear until the end of the week.

I just looked at NCSU's academic calendar and I don't think they have tomorrow off either. I'm hoping we'll hear tomorrow, but we may not hear until the end of the week.
I second that motion! I'm pretty sure we are going to hear today. It seems like in the past years they always answer on the 15th! Good luck guys! :)

The school is closed until noon for inclement weather so I am not sure how that will affect things.

Reactions: 2 users
They updated it to 5pm now. Sorry guys. It doesn't look like today is the day.

Ahhhh I hope so!! Every time I get an email my heart literally starts racing. Not sure how much longer I can do this haha
Hahaha yeah my heart is in a questionable state of health right now with all this anxiety lol

Reactions: 3 users
This anticipation is the worst!

They started sending emails out around 11AM last year, so...maybe soon??

I'm really hoping that the closure yesterday didn't put them too far behind. Maybe we will get lucky and hear back today!

Saw this thread continually being bumped and had to look...

I didn't even apply to NC state and I'm stressed out for you guys. Hang in there and best of luck!

Reactions: 4 users
As a hopeful C/O 2022, I came by to say good luck guys!! The weather was bad for NC (I live here currently), so don't be surprised if the admin didn't come in yesterday. People were sliding off I-40 like it was their job.

May literally go into cardiac arrest if we do not hear soon...

I'm currently an undergrad here and several of my OOS friends are waiting to hear, too. We were discussing it this morning and asked a reliable source if they knew the updated date for the letters - she said she didn't know but that "it's possible it's not this week."

Take it with a grain of salt since it's just a rumor, but I trust what she says. It might be a few more days... :(

Hurting with anticipation for you guys! Good luck!

I'm in class right now, but someone should call them and check in . . . :p

I'm in class right now, but someone should call them and check in . . . :p
Called- they said they're running behind and currently have no estimated date for when we will hear because they're still reviewing.

Called- they said they're running behind and currently have no estimated date for when we will hear because they're still reviewing.
That really doesn't bode well for the IS timeline either then. :-(
Thanks for the update. Hang in there OOS'ers.

I called as well and was told they don't know. Anyone have any luck pinning down a date from them?

Just received this email:

"
Decisions have not been finalized yet. Our goal was to email admissions decisions by Monday, February 15, but our process has been delayed. Our official policy is notification no later than April 1st but we do our best to send out decision letters earlier.

Your patience is appreciated.

Best,

CVM Student Services Office"

Totally freaked out and thought this was the decision letter. So hopefully we know soon!

Reactions: 5 users
notification no later than April 1st?! I will die if I have to wait that long.