NCSU c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got a phone call today. I've been chosen to interview for the Combined PhD program!

Members don't see this ad.

Just got a phone call today. I've been chosen to interview for the Combined PhD program!

You're on a roll!! Congratulations! :D Are they only calling combined offers and mailing the rest? If you even know...?

I think it's just for the combined program interview invites. She couldn't even tell me whether I'd been accepted into the vet school if I don't get into the combined progra

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, it is now "next week" and I am officially stalking the mailman... except I work all day so I'm having the BF do it :D!!!

GAAAH ME TOO! Every time I see mail in my box I have a momentary shot of hope and then it is always something exceedingly boring. I hate waiting!

Anybody get the financial aid and cvm in the news emails today. They just about gave me a heart attack thinking it was acceptance/rejection news.

Anybody get the financial aid and cvm in the news emails today. They just about gave me a heart attack thinking it was acceptance/rejection news.

I got it too-I initially thought the same thing, even though I knew they were mailing them. :)

I didn't get that :(. Is it something you had to sign up for?

I didn't get that :(. Is it something you had to sign up for?

I have no idea, but it definitely wasn't something that indicated that you were accepted--in fact, it said something along the lines of applying for aid even though you have not yet been accepted. That email just said that the priority deadline for NCSU for the FAFSA is Mar 1. The other one was just some headlines that involved NCSU. Nothing too critical! :)

I am IS and got the FAFSA email too....i also got it the last two cycles along with the CVM in the news emails

Great, now I'm stressing out about not getting it :scared: lol

Members don't see this ad :)
lol don't worry guys :) i'm sure I probably checked a box to get emails or something/ I really don't think the email content and wording indicated in any way that it's something that they only gave to certain people. No worries :)

Me too! I HATE this waiting! :( I'm pretty sure I'm just waiting for a rejection (since their OOS stats are near perfect!), but I'm still checking my mailbox 10,000 times a day....
:xf: for everyone!

Me too! I HATE this waiting! :( I'm pretty sure I'm just waiting for a rejection (since their OOS stats are near perfect!), but I'm still checking my mailbox 10,000 times a day....
:xf: for everyone!

and by me too, i meant i'm freaking out about not getting the email also! not i received the email also...

I am IS and did not get the email either. I doubt it is anything to worry about...but hey, where is my email? lol

Don't worry about the email, it means nothing. And don't stalk the mailman :) I got my acceptance call pretty late at night on a weeknight (sometime between 6 and 10pm, I was in class), so it can come at any time. Good luck everyone!

I am IS and did not get the email either. I doubt it is anything to worry about...but hey, where is my email? lol

I'm wondering if it's based in GPA/GRE scores because I know schools will offer scholarships to people with high stats???? Who knows... I'll just stop speculating and just keep stalking the mail lady :D

Congrats! That is such wonderful news!

Thanks so much Pelagia! I'm beyond excited/nervous. And hey everyone, my stats are far from perfect. Very far from perfect.

I'm wondering if it's based in GPA/GRE scores because I know schools will offer scholarships to people with high stats???? Who knows... I'll just stop speculating and just keep stalking the mail lady :D
I got an email about the FAFSA this morning, and if makes you feel better, I do not have high GPA stats :) I think they just are sending a friendly reminder to their applicants, and as they have MANY applicants it might take awhile to receive. If you don't end up getting one, I wouldn't freak out about it, I think it's only relevance is to FAFSA, not your application.

I got an email about the FAFSA this morning, and if makes you feel better, I do not have high GPA stats :) I think they just are sending a friendly reminder to their applicants, and as they have MANY applicants it might take awhile to receive. If you don't end up getting one, I wouldn't freak out about it, I think it's only relevance is to FAFSA, not your application.

Should we start filling out stuff for FAFSA now, or should we wait until we know what school we are going to??

Should we start filling out stuff for FAFSA now, or should we wait until we know what school we are going to??
I filed mine already, and I put all the schools I applied to even if I haven't heard from them (including NCSU). You just have to file before March 1st for every school even if you haven't heard from them because that is the FAFSA deadline for 2012 Fall admission! FAFSA sends all your information to the schools you listed and then the schools will send you info from there *I think*. This is my first time filing a FAFSA so I'm not sure how the procedure works for once you've been offered an acceptance or how they do it once you decide which school you're going to.

The first time I applied, Michigan State sent me the same reminder email (they did not send me one this year though!)

I filed mine already, and I put all the schools I applied to even if I haven't heard from them (including NCSU). You just have to file before March 1st for every school even if you haven't heard from them because that is the FAFSA deadline for 2012 Fall admission! FAFSA sends all your information to the schools you listed and then the schools will send you info from there *I think*. This is my first time filing a FAFSA so I'm not sure how the procedure works for once you've been offered an acceptance or how they do it once you decide which school you're going to.

The first time I applied, Michigan State sent me the same reminder email (they did not send me one this year though!)

Oh ok, great thanks! I will have to get on that soon! :scared:

It depends on the school, but I think most want you to file the Fafsa by March, which is well before the April 15 decision deadline. Some schools have a Feb 15 deadline for incoming freshmen. I'd check each individual school you applied to to make sure.

This was also something quoted in the email, "
You should complete the FAFSA if you have applied to and are planning to attend
(if accepted) to any CVM or other graduate program, not just NC State, as all
schools require this form to be considered for any type of financial assistance."

This was also something quoted in the email, "
You should complete the FAFSA if you have applied to and are planning to attend
(if accepted) to any CVM or other graduate program, not just NC State, as all
schools require this form to be considered for any type of financial assistance."

Thanks so much Katie. I appreciate all the info! I will have to get on it right away. :idea:

I got the email too, but I also called the admissions office on Monday and they said they were sending the OOS letters out that afternoon. It's Thursday now so I thought for sure the letters would come. My mail does not usually come until 4pm but has anyone else gotten a letter? It's been three days ugh the waiting is horrible!

I got the email too, but I also called the admissions office on Monday and they said they were sending the OOS letters out that afternoon. It's Thursday now so I thought for sure the letters would come. My mail does not usually come until 4pm but has anyone else gotten a letter? It's been three days ugh the waiting is horrible!

I don't think anyone has gotten anything. I don't know where you live, but keep in mind mail sometimes takes forever to get places but it's good to know it was sent out on Mon. More reason to stalk the mailman.

EDIT: I GOT IN! I went to go check my mail right after saying that nobody has heard and I GOT INNNNNN
I live in Texas just to give an idea of mail travel time and stuff.

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Also, it was postmarked on Tuesday the 24th so somehow it got here pretty quickly. Hopefully you guys hear today or tomorrow!

Last edited:
I don't think anyone has gotten anything. I don't know where you live, but keep in mind mail sometimes takes forever to get places but it's good to know it was sent out on Mon. More reason to stalk the mailman.

EDIT: I GOT IN! I went to go check my mail right after saying that nobody has heard and I GOT INNNNNN

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Also, it was postmarked on Tuesday the 24th so somehow it got here pretty quickly. Hopefully you guys hear today or tomorrow!

congratulations!!!! did the mail come to your permanent or current address (if they aren't the same)?

It came to my current address, not the permanent one. :) I hope there's more good news for all of you guys soon!!

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

SOOO ANNOYED. I'm sitting in electronics lab right now. I want to run out to the campus post office....

Hello everyone,

I'm new to SDN but i thought i would log on because I have a question and need some help!
I just found out that I was waitlisted at NCSU. I have mixed feelings since NCState was my number one choice! But im at least happy I wasnt rejected. Anyhow, how likely (realistically) am I to get accepted? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you! :)

Ugh... nothing in the mail for me (New York). :( Gonna have my parents check when they get home (Florida)!! Too bad my mom has to stay at work late today!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Ugh... nothing in the mail for me (New York). :( Gonna have my parents check when they get home (Florida)!! Too bad my mom has to stay at work late today!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Nothing in the mail for my either (in illinois) :( i wish i didn't live so far away, this wait is killing me!

I'm in NC a 2 hour drive from Raleigh... it has to be here. damn oscilloscope won't work.

Mullet, is that your first choice?? That's so awesome! Nothing in the mail for me today (michigan) either :(

Congrats, mulletsarelove! See you at orientation!

Hello everyone,

I'm new to SDN but i thought i would log on because I have a question and need some help!
I just found out that I was waitlisted at NCSU. I have mixed feelings since NCState was my number one choice! But im at least happy I wasnt rejected. Anyhow, how likely (realistically) am I to get accepted? Any help would be appreciated!

For the class of 2015, I think someone told me that two people were called off the waitlist. I don't know how many people were on it, though, or whether those were OOS or IS people.

This is where I start getting irrational and thinking things like "OMG maybe they sent out acceptances before rejections and that's why I don't have a letter yet".... I annoy myself lol:eek:

Dont sweat it yet, im in FL and didn't get anything either. Here's hoping for tomorrow.''

Hello everyone,

It really depends on what the acceptees each year do with their offers, but I was a waitlisted OOS student and was called pretty soon after the April offer acceptance deadline so it does happen (at least a few times per class usually). I don't know if it made any difference in why I eventually got in, but I wrote a letter of intent to NCSU when I was waitlisted. Not sure if it helped at all, but I don't think that hurt me at any rate. ;) If you do get an offer at another school be sure to still choose one and put down the deposit! You can always, always retract it if you get into NC State later in the spring/summer. I had all intentions of heading up to Wisconsin before I got off the list so while I was happy I got to attend my first choice after all, I was still heading to school that fall regardless of the waitlist shift.

Mullet, is that your first choice?? That's so awesome! Nothing in the mail for me today (michigan) either :(

It's definitely up there. Right now I'm working on the FAFSA and going to have to see what sort of financial aid is available to me and also talk to their fin aid department to try to get a better idea of what scholarships if any are given before I feel like I can start ranking any school #1...money is a huge issue and I would love to go OOS but I need to make sure that I won't be getting in over my head with money too, esp since the first year will be the expensive one. Their tuition is very fair though and being able to become IS is great... I also want to visit during my spring break before I decide.

Good luck guys! I know you will def start hearing soon don't go too crazy waiting! :luck:

Have no fears, Emiloo...I got my rejection letter in the mail today. I am pretty close to NC (NJ), but it seems like all letters were sent at the same time.

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Wooooo! Congrats!!!!! :D Very happy for you mulletsarelove. It's a wonerful feeling. Hey, by the way I'm also OOS from Texas, so if you have any questions about traveling from TX to NC, please feel free to ask!

Wooooo! Congrats!!!!! :D Very happy for you mulletsarelove. It's a wonerful feeling. Hey, by the way I'm also OOS from Texas, so if you have any questions about traveling from TX to NC, please feel free to ask!

I'm also a Texan living in NC!