NCSU c/o 2018 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi hopefuls!!! totally spamming you guys, but if (when) you get accepted, you would like a roommate, I am currently finishing off my 3rd year at St. George's University and looking for housing starting in June in Raleigh for my NCSU clinical year! Please message me :) I'm not really sure where to begin looking for housing from another country...:eek:
What made you choose NSCU for your 4th year?

Members don't see this ad.

So our spring break is in 3 weeks now, which is typically when IS hears. So I'm worried that because they don't have OOS notifications out yet that IS will be delayed too...but their welcome day is scheduled as March 28th (and open house the 29th), so everyone should have to know by then right? I'm just going a little crazy waiting this long, and seeing them push back OOS so much makes me scared for how long it will be for IS :( (sorry for the pointless rant, I'm just so restless!)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So our spring break is in 3 weeks now, which is typically when IS hears. So I'm worried that because they don't have OOS notifications out yet that IS will be delayed too...but their welcome day is scheduled as March 28th (and open house the 29th), so everyone should have to know by then right? I'm just going a little crazy waiting this long, and seeing them push back OOS so much makes me scared for how long it will be for IS :( (sorry for the pointless rant, I'm just so restless!)
Are we sure that OOS are delayed because of the admissions committee or was it weather related?

Are we sure that OOS are delayed because of the admissions committee or was it weather related?
For sure they were delayed at least some because of the adcom... whether or not you would have gotten OOS decisions by now if there was no snow, I have no clue. The PI of the lab I work for works for the CVM and she knows I applied and alerted me when the adcoms got handed OOS applications and she was talking about how behind they were this year...but past that I don't know where they are in decisions, they could be done with OOS or they could not be done. I'm personally hoping you guys hear back this week!

Reactions: 1 user
I know a professor was reading applications the first week of February, I don't know if they were OOS or IS. We just had 2 and a half snow days, so I'm sure stuff is more delayed. Don't know if anyone saw the news, but Raleigh was a nightmare Wednesday.

I know a professor was reading applications the first week of February, I don't know if they were OOS or IS. We just had 2 and a half snow days, so I'm sure stuff is more delayed. Don't know if anyone saw the news, but Raleigh was a nightmare Wednesday.
Pretty sure they were OOS considering they normally don't even start reading IS until Feb 15 according to the timeline belugal posted from their website.

I knew that were delayed until the middle of February but do we think they are even further delayed now?? :-(
I think they probably were (obviously this is conjecture), but I talked with my PI today and she said she would snoop around for me, haha. So I will keep you updated if I find out anything else.

Reactions: 3 users
Well OOS students will hear soon, letters went out today.

Good luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 3 users
Do all OOS letters go out at once? oooh I'm gonna be impatient this week

Gah! After reading peoples accepted stats (I'm looking at you, @fractiousfeline ) I am doubtful I will get in, but I just want to know!! The wait has been killing me!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got their e-mail about sending out decisions in the mail, and totally thought it was a decision letter itself. Guess i'll do some more anxious waiting haha.

I'm not expecting my letter til at the earliest Monday...Florida mail is awful!!

Really hoping to hear by Friday. Good luck all!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Yay! It's exciting that you guys will finally hear back! I hope the mailmen and women get you your letters quickly and that you hear good news! :luck::xf:

ETA: Heard back from my PI and she said what OOSers already knew, they went out yesterday. But she did add that they think they are on track for all of us ISers and they should be mailed on the March 10th!

Last edited:
Gah! After reading peoples accepted stats (I'm looking at you, @fractiousfeline ) I am doubtful I will get in, but I just want to know!! The wait has been killing me!

Wait, why me? I haven't posted on the successful applicant stats thread yet! (unless you're also a fellow Wisconsin applicant and saw them there?)

Saw your Wisconsin post... Haha. Totally creeping!

Reactions: 4 users
Hahaha called out! It's all good though :) don't lose hope, you never know what could happen!

Really crossing my fingers that I get my letter tomorrow. It's gonna be such a long day at work waiting all day.

Really crossing my fingers that I get my letter tomorrow. It's gonna be such a long day at work waiting all day.
I know FL mail won't be that quick! I wish but south FL mail combined with where I live, I'll be lucky if I hear on Monday.

Hoping Atlanta is close enough to Raleigh to hear tomorrow too....I'm super nervous about this one! :bucktooth:

Usually you get the letter within 24hrs in the RDU area (I got mine 24hrs after), outside of that I have no idea. It should be within 5-7 business days though.

Anyone know if they're sent first-class or just regular mail?

No luck east coast-ish people? :(

There goes my hope for Friday here in the midwest!

Question for current students...
For the open house did they have anything special for the incoming class? The welcome day is the day before which I know is a bit different than last year, so I don't know if that would affect it.

For the open house did they have anything special for the incoming class? The welcome day is the day before which I know is a bit different than last year, so I don't know if that would affect it.
Also, if we get accepted, is it terrible to not be able to go to accepted students weekend...

Welcome Weekend (March 28th) is an event the day before Open House (March 29th). It's not horrible if you miss, it's just a chance to see the school, meet some of your classmates, and you can ask us (c/o 2017) questions. There will be more opportunities for this during the orientation week. We had a lot of people from out of state that couldn't make it (and I was accepted after it, oh well!) and they didn't miss much apparently.
If you are able to go to either of these, I do recommend it though! Open House is a lot of fun, and it's a good way to check out all the nifty stuff the school does.

Wishing all you OOS-ers the best this weekend!

Reactions: 1 users
I missed Welcome Weekend even as an in state student last year. They offered to try and arrange a tour at another time (though that never really worked out due to other complications). Looks like I will miss it this year too...

Been awhile since I have chimed in on this thread, but my fingers are crossed for all you OOS-ers!!! Good Luck!!!
As for us IS applicants, I just received an email yesterday that my application was under committee review - with the statement that they anticipate mailing decision letters no later than March 15 - and it also listed the March events for planning purposes.
either way for us IS students, it is still just a waiting game. =)

Not really last year it wasn't over the same weekend. It's a crazy day where 20000+ members of the community come out, so very hard to gear anything to the incoming class.

Also, if we get accepted, is it terrible to not be able to go to accepted students weekend...
I wouldn't worry about it. I only came to part of the day cause I had a ton going on .

Just got my letter...rejected. I'm totally okay with it. Already got in to my in state and I'm wait listed at Cornell! Knew it was a long shot. Congrats to all those who get accepted :)

Got mine in south fl...wait listed :-(

Nothing in Chattanooga today. I was really hoping it would be after seeing all the people that got theirs :(