NCSU c/o 2018 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 users
I'm trying to decide whether to leave my key for someone over spring break or to wait and check it myself. I feel like I've had enough waiting but still...
I'm in the same boat!! The letter is coming to my school address, which is 3 hours away from home... I wish we didn't have to wait any longer!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat!! The letter is coming to my school address, which is 3 hours away from home... I wish we didn't have to wait any longer!
A bunch of students have told me they heard they'd go out Monday. Not that that means we'd get them then. :/

Somebody I know found this earlier.... good luck guys! :)

o6ND4Xx.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
My stomach just did a little flip. Been good and occupying myself... I would really like some good news! :nailbiting:

Best of success, ISers! Can't wait to see this thread blow up with good news!

I've been doing yard work all day just so I could be there when the mailman arrived just in case. No luck today, but here's to hoping for tomorrow! I guess I'll just have to find more outside work to do.

No letter today.. Apparently some people who live in Raleigh got theirs today though.

Reactions: 1 user
No letter today.. Apparently some people who live in Raleigh got theirs today though.
Hmmm... I live in Cary, I will have to check my mail this afternoon. Hopefully the stupid mail lady will not put it in the wrong box... which she notorious for doing.

Hmmm... I live in Cary, I will have to check my mail this afternoon. Hopefully the stupid mail lady will not put it in the wrong box... which she notorious for doing.

Wake forest residents got theirs!! Congrats Kim!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh oh while you're waiting - remember, both rejections and acceptances are small letters!! There's been like two-three pages in them max the last couple years, so don't be put out by the letter being thin when you get it. Just read it, if you're accepted they're pretty to-the-point in the letter. ;)

EDIT: GRATS wolfpack!

Got my letter this afternoon, I'm in!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Reactions: 7 users
My letter is at my parents house. Going to go get it tomorrow

On a note about apartments, I was so dismayed to find (on apartmentratings.com) that a bunch of places I had been considering are rated horribly, mostly due to roach problems or unsafe neighborhoods. :lame: Just goes to show you that you shouldn't go on website pictures alone, as pretty as the kitchens may look...

I would've visited a place before signing anything anyway, but still.

(Anyone want to take in a 1st year with an adorable Corgi who may or may not think she's a person? I can cook and bake!)

On a note about apartments, I was so dismayed to find (on apartmentratings.com) that a bunch of places I had been considering are rated horribly, mostly due to roach problems or unsafe neighborhoods. :lame: Just goes to show you that you shouldn't go on website pictures alone, as pretty as the kitchens may look...

(Anyone want to take in a 1st year with an adorable Corgi who may or may not think she's a person? I can cook and bake!)

Just run the complex and area by us and we'll let you know the inside scoop if we can ;)

Woo hoo! Great to see the IS acceptances rolling in! Congrats all! Can't wait to meet all of my new classmates!!

Just run the complex and area by us and we'll let you know the inside scoop if we can ;)

Would it be ok to post the names online? It could help out other people looking for places...or I can PM, whatever.

I second wolfpackprevet on that statement, I have been living in Wilmington for the past 4.5 years, but 75% of my high school went to NCSU, so I should be able to get the rundown on most places from one friend or another... =) (and I personally don't see why posting online would be a big issue @gugoodoll )
On the topic of living arrangements... I'm looking into one housing arrangement with a friend who recently graduated and is looking for full time employment... it is contingent upon the condo we are looking at actually being re-rented, and him getting a full time job.... soooo, It is by no means set in stone. And honestly it might not be a bad idea for me to room with a few first years, that way we are all on the same schedule.... sooo - I can also cook! and sometimes bake, and my biggest selling point - I WILL ACTUALLY CLEAN!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
What the heck, I'll just put it all out there:

Some places I had considered but saw horrible reviews online: Century Centerview, Colonial Grand @ Trinity Commons, Lake & Sports Centre Complex, Arbor Creek, Wolf Creek, Hunter's Glen

Places that had better-ish reviews and I'm considering now: Westgrove, Regency Place, Pointe at Crabtree, Cary Towne, Lake Johnson Mews, Camden Asbury, Camden Manor Park, Wildwoods of Lake Johnson, Brentmoor, Enclave at Crossroads, Gorman Crossings, Avonlea at Stonehenge, Fairgate Apartments, Highlands at Old Raleigh

I'm ideally hoping to sign a lease with an upperlassman(-en) who's already living in a 2- (maybe 3-) bedroom.

Hey guys, I've been stalking this thread for several months now. Figured I should finally make an account. I'm now busy stalking my mailbox! Here's to hoping that the USPS is feeling organized this week...

I am also curious to see if anyone has opinions on the apartment complexes gugoodoll mentioned above.

Cheers!

Some places I had considered but saw horrible reviews online: Century Centerview, Colonial Grand @ Trinity Commons, Lake & Sports Centre Complex, Arbor Creek, Wolf Creek, Hunter's Glen

Places that had better-ish reviews and I'm considering now: Westgrove, Regency Place, Pointe at Crabtree, Cary Towne, Lake Johnson Mews, Camden Asbury, Camden Manor Park, Wildwoods of Lake Johnson, Brentmoor, Enclave at Crossroads, Gorman Crossings, Avonlea at Stonehenge, Fairgate Apartments, Highlands at Old Raleigh

I'm ideally hoping to sign a lease with an upperlassman(-en) who's already living in a 2- (maybe 3-) bedroom.
Everything there I have either not heard of from residents or have heard good things about except mixed reviews about Gorman crossings.

Unfortunately I heard bad news from NCSU. Fortunately I have a few wonderful schools to choose from and I'm really taking this rejection as a blessing in disguise! And I'm still rooting for those of you waiting!!!

Congrats those who have heard! Y'all have fun at State, I'm sure you will love it! Go wolfpack!

Unfortunately I heard bad news from NCSU. Fortunately I have a few wonderful schools to choose from and I'm really taking this rejection as a blessing in disguise! And I'm still rooting for those of you waiting!!!

Congrats those who have heard! Y'all have fun at State, I'm sure you will love it! Go wolfpack!
I'm so sorry to hear that, dalmationdoc :( Best of luck to you wherever you decide to go!

I've heard nothing but good about both Wildwoods and Lake Johnson Mews from people I've known to live there, heard mixed on Wolf Creek/Arbor Creek.

I (and a bunch of classmates) live at Westgrove, and my opinion is that if you're living in a 3-bedroom with roomies, it's so worth it - my rent + utilities is like ~$350 a month - seriously, you can't beat that. For the two bedrooms, I think you can get a lot nicer places for about the same/just a little more money (and save on utilities because they'll be newer), but that's just my opinion.

:( Sorry dalmatian. But it's a great way of looking at it, you've got a ridiculous number of choices to pick between now!

Reactions: 2 users
While were on the subject of apts, anyone know if villages of lake boone is any good, its super close like westgrove.

If someone already has a place or wants to roomie up and hunt together that'd be cool too since I cant get to raleigh until the summer. Feel free to PM me.

I got in!!!! Officially NCSU CVM class of 2018!! Already sending in my paperwork because I am so excited!! If anyone is interested in apartment hunting or rooming up, let me know!! :)

EDIT: I am in Charlotte and got the letter today, if anyone is still waiting for their letter that is further away from Raleigh! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Never posted before but been stalking for quite a while... I got in today!!! I'm in High Point and got my letter this morning :):):) So excited and can't wait to meet everyone! Congrats to everyone who has gotten in so far!

Reactions: 4 users
I also don't know the first thing about apartments in the area, so would love to get to know some of you and talk about maybe rooming up with someone! I'm the early to bed/early to rise type, happily cook, clean, and come with a very friendly Blue-tongued Skink friend:)

I legit just had to Google what a Blue-tongued Skink was...

Reactions: 3 users
If y'all need a place to stay in Raleigh for a visit let me know! I have a couch and a big loving dog to greet you!

@dalmatiandoc17 ; I'm saddened and sorry to hear that you won't be joining us at NCSU this year. I was looking forward to having you as a classmate :( That being said, you'll make a WONDERFUL addition to any of the NUMBER of schools to which you were accepted!! Congratulations on having a list of excellent institutions from which to choose. NCSU lost out on a top notch student. Best of success in determining your final choice. Please keep us updated!

I GOT IN!!! 3rd times a charm :D I am so excited and still in shock!

Reactions: 13 users
I just emailed and let them know that I will not be accepting my offer at NCSU.
Hope someone hears a good news from this thread.
Good luck :]

Ok so I too have been legit stalking this forum. I never thought I would be good enough to even wipe the shoes of the individuals good enough to be accepted at this prestigious vet school. But, I got my letter yesterday and I'm in! I'm in, I'm in, I'm in! Aaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhh! So happy! First try! Got into my dream school. I'm so excited. I cannot wait to meet my class mates!

I'M IN!!!! Cannot wait to meet you guys! Do we have a facebook page yet??

Reactions: 2 users

I use to live in the Enclave at Crossroads when it was owned by a different company. It is a nice quite neighborhood with young professionals and families, with gates. My classmate lives there currently and seems to be happy with it. It is in a nice area, right behind one of the major shopping centers in the Cary/Raleigh area (so you can walk over there if you want). When my family and I lived there they only allowed a certain percentage to be co-signed to cut down on the number of students living there (I assume undergraduate).

Wolf Creek and Regency with be filled with Undergraduates. But other than that, I really cannot comment much. Lake Johnson Mews are older, but I assume that they have updated since the last time I was around there.

@dalmatiandoc17 ; I'm saddened and sorry to hear that you won't be joining us at NCSU this year. I was looking forward to having you as a classmate :( That being said, you'll make a WONDERFUL addition to any of the NUMBER of schools to which you were accepted!! Congratulations on having a list of excellent institutions from which to choose. NCSU lost out on a top notch student. Best of success in determining your final choice. Please keep us updated!
Thanks a bunch lab vet, that was very sweet!
Also thanks to Trilt and gugoodoll! You guys all rock!

And CONGRATS wulfpackchicka! I am so excited for you, I've been rooting for you this whole cycle!

Thanks a bunch lab vet, that was very sweet!
Also thanks to Trilt and gugoodoll! You guys all rock!

And CONGRATS wulfpackchicka! I am so excited for you, I've been rooting for you this whole cycle!
Thanks DalmatianDoc. I am sad we are not going to be classmates :( I am happy that you have some great choices!