NDEB Assessment of Clinical Skills 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeiLi

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, docs! Anyone here taking the Assessment of Clinical Skills for Canadian NDEB in June 2013?

Just wanted to start a thread/support forum as we get ready to challenge the exam.

Please share tips/advice/suggestions here.

Thanks for sharing!

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you, drrushik. We would certainly welcome your tips and insights. Where did you take the exam?

Thanks, drrushik, and congratulations!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone remember what credit cards the NDEB accepts to pay for exam fees? Do they take American Express? I am trying to make sure I have enough available on my credit card to pay for my exam.
Thanks, all!

best of luck can any one tell us the prefered books

Hi,
Am giving my clinical skills as well as judgement exam this june 2013. could you please guide me what books you follwed for preparing for these exams.

Thanks for the help .

Regards,
Hope 2014

Last edited:
Im sitting the assessment of clinical skills June 2013. Anyone with any tips? ....It seems to be a very tough exam

hey frnds, i'm sellimg out all my exam stuffs.. ACJ books , compressor , unit, mounting pole, handpiece high and slow, RD kit , loupes and other materials.. i live in scarborogh (toronto) if anyone is interested pls inbox me... gud luck to all :)

hi ,do u have langlais for oral radiology?

Does anybody know where to rent the required handpieces and other instruments from?

I have cleared clinical skill in first trial last year and I am running my clinical skill training centre in Gujarat, India. I would be happy to help all here.

Where did you get the handpieces and other instrument for the assessment? Did you rent or buy them?

I bought or borrowed mine. I'm not sure if there are places to rent them from.

Do any of you guys have any experience with those class IV matrix from ebay?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey ppl!
Well, I've failed the 2013 ACS this is what I got for rubber dam (D):
"Dam, frame or clamp positioning must be altered for access, safety, moisture control or patient comfort"
I still do not have idea what i did wrong....it was perfect for me
any ideas-tips?

Hey ppl!
Well, I've failed the 2013 ACS this is what I got for rubber dam (D):
"Dam, frame or clamp positioning must be altered for access, safety, moisture control or patient comfort"
I still do not have idea what i did wrong....it was perfect for me
any ideas-tips?

The pass rate this year was 9.5%, and yet the complete test costs $8800+.

You guys are getting hosed.

The pass rate this year was 9.5%, and yet the complete test costs $8800+.

You guys are getting hosed.

1 Where do you get the stats from?.
2 Actually, it is more expensive

Attachments

• ACJ Course AD.jpg
    ACJ Course AD.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1
We learned how to do an almost ideal amalgam restoration in class.The techniques were amazing, I don't know why I was wasting my time with the techniques in the books. These little tricks were so useful. The video demos shows how perfect the final product came out!"pls msg me in private.

Hi docs
Any idea when will the results for ACS & ACJ 2014 be out??

We learned how to do an almost ideal amalgam restoration in class.The techniques were amazing, I don't know why I was wasting my time with the techniques in the books. These little tricks were so useful. The video demos shows how perfect the final product came out!"pls msg me in private.
HI there,
May you share the tips for class II preparation with me. Thank you in advance!!

could someone advice on me whether tccds would be better or the prep course at ucb for ACS (ill be giving my exam there) - june 2015

I haven't heard any feedback about tccds so cant say about that (just googled tccds, its pretty new on the scene).
As for the prep course at UBC, as you may have already read on their website it is of a very limited duration and expensive.
The reading material they will provide with the lectures is pretty good I've heard but the only concern is how much will you learn in just a couple of days.
If you have already attended another training for a month or so then you can go to UBC for an additional training. but I wouldn't advise it as a stand alone as you need a lot of practice to get the procedures right. It has to be practice + feedback...........so joining a course for a month would be better in my opinion because then you get more time to fine tune your skills and get feedback over a longer period of time thus helping you improve.
The UBC course is great for people who have already got the basics right and are looking for additional training. They have a great facility and staff.
Don't go for training there just because you're giving exam there, they do have a 4hr introductory session a few days before the exam for you to go and work on the chairs and get used to them. you have to pay around $250-$300 for that and seats fill up pretty quickly.

Reactions: 1 user