Necessary to study prior to starting Fellowship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSwede

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't studied anything as of yet for the upcoming pain fellowship and that's mainly because I'm preparing for my specialty written boards. I figured that once the fellowship starts, I'll dive right in.

Any suggestions or thoughts counter to that?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't studied anything as of yet for the upcoming pain fellowship and that's mainly because I'm preparing for my specialty written boards. I figured that once the fellowship starts, I'll dive right in.

Any suggestions or thoughts counter to that?
I agree

Members don't see this ad :)
I am PMR and did a gas pain fellowship. Was the entire acute pain service for an 800 bed hospital for the weekend my 3rd day of fellowship. My back up was our psychiatrist pain attending. Yeah I wish I had boned up on PCAs or knew anything about PCEAs.....

The "emergency" epidural portacath implantation that Friday night with said attending was fun. I'm pretty sure I did my first LOR blind epidural blood patch solo too.....

Oh I forgot about programming a baclofen pump with the medtronic support on the phone at 3 am.

Enjoy

Study " Moment of Zen" thread below