NECO interview coming up~~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2016eyedoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. Guys, I have NECO interview coming up soon?
anyone has been to their interviews?
What kind of questions do they ask?
Is it a group session or 1:1?
I would appreciate your replies~~~ :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi there, I interviewed at NECO back in November. Interviews are 1:1 and how it goes totally depends on your interviewer. Mine was closed file and very laid back! It's just like any other conversation you would have about your choice in optometry. Some people in my group had open file interviews where they would also ask questions about your grades/OAT score.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi. Guys, I have NECO interview coming up soon?
anyone has been to their interviews?
What kind of questions do they ask?
Is it a group session or 1:1?
I would appreciate your replies~~~ :love:

I had my interview about a month ago and got in two weeks ago. Mine was open file pretty and my interviewer was quite intimidating. Know your application and know why or if you really wanna get into opt in the first place.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there, I interviewed at NECO back in November. Interviews are 1:1 and how it goes totally depends on your interviewer. Mine was closed file and very laid back! It's just like any other conversation you would have about your choice in optometry. Some people in my group had open file interviews where they would also ask questions about your grades/OAT score.
thank you for your reply!

I had my interview about a month ago and got in two weeks ago. Mine was open file pretty and my interviewer was quite intimidating. Know your application and know why or if you really wanna get into opt in the first place.
it's surprising that it can be either open or closed. I wonder why,,,, Thank you for your suggestions! That was helpful. :)

I interviewed back in November as well. Open-file, not-so-nice interviewer (ran an errand and asked me to wait in his office for 5 minutes...), and found the whole thing to be strange.

I interviewed back in November as well. Open-file, not-so-nice interviewer (ran an errand and asked me to wait in his office for 5 minutes...), and found the whole thing to be strange.
Yes. mine was an Open file too. The interviewer was really nice and had a little chat about other than the interview too (living in Boston, and car insurance lol). But I would say compare to PCO, it was a bit more intimidating. The interviewer was keep asking me about my "failed(??that's how the interviewer asked,, I'm not sure what the interviewer's definition of failing, but I don't think I failed at anything :confused:) or difficult" past experience. :heckyeah:

got an invite this week. Can anyone recommend nearby hotels or inns that aren't expensive? I'll be flying in so I don't know where anything is.

got an invite this week. Can anyone recommend nearby hotels or inns that aren't expensive? I'll be flying in so I don't know where anything is.
I stayed at boston park plaza hotel. it's like 15 min away drive, I took a cab for like 10 dollars including tips (3$). for the hotel i paid only like $116/night. really safe and nice place. there's a garage next to the hotel that you can pay 20~ 22 $ for whole day( I drove there. so i left my car there).

if you don't mind. you can walk to school too. since the interview is not until 9 am ish. so if you would like to walk around or take a train, would not be so bad. I personally took a taxi, bc I was wearing heels and it was pretty cold for me to walk. Since you're flying, it might be better to stay closer to the school.

I stayed at boston park plaza hotel. it's like 15 min away drive, I took a cab for like 10 dollars including tips (3$). for the hotel i paid only like $116/night. really safe and nice place. there's a garage next to the hotel that you can pay 20~ 22 $ for whole day( I drove there. so i left my car there).

Thanks. I've been looking for the past 2 days, but everything is booked up :( all the hotels that aren't like 500-700 are in Newton. Even hotels in Brookline are 300-400 dollars. Crazy.

Thanks. I've been looking for the past 2 days, but everything is booked up :( all the hotels that aren't like 500-700 are in Newton. Even hotels in Brookline are 300-400 dollars. Crazy.
have you tried. Kayak.com? that usually have better deals than other websites.. :(. hope you get a good place;)

How long after the interview do they make a decision? I had my interview last week.

How long after the interview do they make a decision? I had my interview last week.
I heard back exactly a week after, then was given about 2 weeks to reply back =). Good luck!

Aw man was placed on the waiting list. :( Does anybody know typically how many people are put on the waitlist each year, and how many typically are projected to get in?