Need a practical study plan for Rx Prep book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miarx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my exam is on the 25th of July and I need to come up with a fool-proof study plan to cover all the chapters of the Rx prep book at least by the 12th of July. I know I'm pushing it but I have to leave time to do questions and review plus I have my law exam the following week so I have no time to waste. What schedule did you use for this book, essentially I'm asking how did you study?

Any help will be great! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

My exam is the day after yours. I'm on chapter 25 right now and I've been doing 2 chapters a day. I have the online course (book, question bank, and videos). I work 2 days a week for about 10 hours, so 2 a day is good pace for me. I do the smaller, easier chapters on my work days and save big topics for my off days. I just made a calendar and make myself stick to it no matter how tired I am. I should finish the book by July 12 and have 2 weeks to review everything, take all the quizzes again, and practice my math over and over again.

My advice - make a calendar and stick with it until it's done! Only you know how many chapters a day you can get through comfortably.

My exam is the day after yours. I'm on chapter 25 right now and I've been doing 2 chapters a day. I have the online course (book, question bank, and videos). I work 2 days a week for about 10 hours, so 2 a day is good pace for me. I do the smaller, easier chapters on my work days and save big topics for my off days. I just made a calendar and make myself stick to it no matter how tired I am. I should finish the book by July 12 and have 2 weeks to review everything, take all the quizzes again, and practice my math over and over again.

My advice - make a calendar and stick with it until it's done! Only you know how many chapters a day you can get through comfortably.
Hi ! Does Rx Prep Covers OTC GERIATRICS & NUTRITION, If yes in which Chapter. Any Help on that Please ?

Hi !
Does Rx Prep Covers OTC GERIATRICS & NUTRITION, If yes in which Chapter. Any Help on that Please ?

Dear BUNTS,
In 2014 version,
OTC is page 178: Natural Products and Vitamins.
Nutrition? If you mean Calculation of Nutrition, please see page 42: Subject: Calorie Sources and Nutrition Calculations.
Geriatric as a chapter that summarizes most illness and disease of senior? I am sorry, I am not seeing Geriatric illnesses in 1 chapter in RXPREP. If anyone sees Geriatric as a chapter, please share.

Good luck and please come back to help others after you pass the exam. Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited:
Dear BUNTS,
In 2014 version,
OTC is page 178: Natural Products and Vitamins.
Nutrition? If you mean Calculation of Nutrition, please see page 42: Subject: Calorie Sources and Nutrition Calculations.
Geriatric as a chapter that summarizes most illness and disease of senior? I am sorry, I am not seeing Geriatric illnesses in 1 chapter in RXPREP. If anyone sees Geriatric as a chapter, please share.

Good luck and please come back to help others after you pass the exam. Thank you very much in advance.
Thanks Molly ! The Natural Products Chapter Only has Herbals and Supplements. It does not cover all other vast OTC products, recommendations, their uses and Patient counseling on that ! I am very much worried whether RxPrep has any Products and their info listed for NON-PRESCRIPTION drugs. I studied it from ApHA where there is a different chapter. What would be the comprehensive source to study Non-Rx drugs !