Need Advice.. A little late to the party.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted585480

Hello,

I'm entering my junior year summer at a four year traditional university. My GPA is roughly around 3.3 after this current semester. These are the current pre reqs I have taken:

Bio 1: B
Bio 2: B
Gen Chem 1: D (retook to a B at a CC)
Gen chem 2: B
Organic 1: B
Physics 1: A
Physics 2: A
Calc: B-

My major is psychology. I'm not sure what science classes to take from here on out. I'm planning on taking organic 2 + lab next semester. I know that each school wants different pre reqs.. and I have no idea where I want to apply yet, so i'm not sure what classes to take. Furthermore, when should I be planning on taking the OAT? I'm planning on shadowing this summer, and getting more experience, this summer can be a huge time for me to get my stuff together, I was just wondering if you guys had any advice, or what you would do in my situation. I went from pre-med to pre-optometry, so I'm a little behind.

Don't be afraid to tell me the truth ha. Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

You are on track. The best time to take the OAT is after you finish your organic classes so the info will be fresh. with your GPA you should be fine as long as you have good shadowing experiences, letters of rec and decent OAT score. try your best on your OAT!

Look into some schools you are interested in and are willing to move to. Most schools want the same things so you are not very behind since you have already completed bio, physics, genchem with microbio and 1 more orgo to go. most will also require anatomy and physio.

You are on track. The best time to take the OAT is after you finish your organic classes so the info will be fresh. with your GPA you should be fine as long as you have good shadowing experiences, letters of rec and decent OAT score. try your best on your OAT!

Look into some schools you are interested in and are willing to move to. Most schools want the same things so you are not very behind since you have already completed bio, physics, genchem with microbio and 1 more orgo to go. most will also require anatomy and physio.

Thank you for my response. My question to you would be, what other pre reqs would you recommend taking my spring semester? I'm taking anatomy and physiology in the fall along with organic and the organic lab.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, should i start studying for the OAT this summer with my current situation on where I am with my pre reqs? I just am not sure on when I should be doing that.

I basically took

ochem 1, physics 1 and 2, anatomy and physio, microbio, and im assuming you have your statistics and bio, english, calc, and psych out of the way. i also needed biochem for a lot of optometry schools.

example of general list of pre-reqs i needed. i basically followed this and it worked for most schools...
http://www.ketchum.edu/img/uploads/admissions/articulation/MtSanAntonioCollege-MT SAC.pdf

OAT covers physics, genchem, bio, algebra, and ochem. as long as you feel ok in those classes i would suggest you take it in the summer with a month or so to study.