SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads) Hi everyone, I wrote the MCAT last year and did well in all sections except for the 8 in VR. I am planning to re-take the test in the summer and the semester ends in about mid-April. I am in third year btw. I would liiikeee to take it by mid-July. However, there is a chance I might be getting a full-time research opportunity for the summer. So I wouldn't mind getting some more time to study and write it at the end of July or very early August. Now, my concern has mainly to do with the timing of application for American schools. Last year I took the TPR course and one of my instructors was an American Med Student. He basically went over the timeline for the application. And it turns out American application process starts before Canadian. So what do you guys suggest is a good time to re-take the test? Should I stick with my original mid-July decision or move the date farther? If I move it to say, early August, how will it impact my application say compared to if I wrote in mid-July? Will I be significantly disadvantaged? And just to remind you I still have my previous 32Q score (just darn verbal). Guys, I don't have a lot of info about American schools/app. process and I would like to apply to a few. So, any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.