Need advice! cGPA 3.67 sGPA 3.37 33 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BellaMDco2018

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated last May from undergrad and have been working as a postbacc at NIH since. I have a research-heavy application but no interest in MD/PhD (and definitely don't have the grades for it anyways). I'm PA resident.

Here are my stats: Psychology major with two minors and a concentration, cGPA 3.67, sGPA 3.37, 33 MCAT (12PS, 11VR, 10BS). The low science GPA can be attributed to one bad year… my junior and senior years I've maintained a 3.7+ for all semesters.

In terms of extracurriculars:
Volunteering:
-founding member and VP of a medically related volunteer group throughout college
-board member of a hospital volunteering group at NIH (for the last year)
-one summer field organizer for a political campaign
-shadowing (3 specialties, multiple visits for some)
-peer tutoring (2 years, paid so probably doesn't count as volunteering)

Research:
-3 years in a cognitive neuroscience lab in undergrad, 3 posters no pubs (I'm currently writing the manuscript for my study though)
-at NIH, i'm second author on one poster so far

I'm applying only to schools in the northeast (VA to NY), but thankfully there are a ton within that region. I'm not opposed to applying to the new MD schools, but I have no interest in DO. I'm planning on submitting my application the first day it opens in June. I have strong, personalized LORs from my research advisors and an undergrad professor. Do I have a shot?

Members don't see this ad.