Need Advice for MCAT Taking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soobiniya

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys:oops:
I am uprising senior year student who plan to take MCAT in July 24th.
And I am now more than worry and scary-even I couldn't sleep well every nite. I am going to crazy.
The problem is, my grade is never rising. My ave. score in Kaplan is 18.
(Low 13 / High 20) and AAMC ave (#3-#7) is 15 (For today). And I studied it seriously for 2 month, Every day, 10+ hours per day.. I was studying with Kaplan (go to class twice for guarantee program), EK books, economist, TPR books. I don't know what to do, I don't feel I could get more
than 20 in next 10 days ..lol I am worried because if I delayed this test, I have no where to go after college.
Plus, my school ave. is 3.2...This is horrible summer
I ever had..I really studied hard and felt easy on science. But in actuality, score
never improved though I was ok in pre.req classes...Especially, Bio was terrible.
Feel like real dumb.
If anyone give me a helpful advice, I'd really appreciate it... Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Since the MCAT is basically a reading comprehension test, I would suggest focusing on your reading comprehension and how to get the ideas needed out of the passages quickly.

Your scores should have risen by now. Maybe get some friends or someone at Kaplan to sit down with you and help you figure out where to go right.

Are you learning the concepts and how to apply them and not just memorizing them?

Lastly, I would not take the MCAT now with those scores. Based on your GPA, you need to get a least a 30 to be competitive at a US MD and for a DO you need around a 25.

I would not take the test until I could score a consistent range where I wanted my score to be.

Good luck and keep trying!!!:luck:

If you want to go Allopathic, don't take the mcat right now if ur getting these scores. Are you planning on 2008 matric? B/c in 10 days, it will be hard to pull up scores to the 30 neighborhood. If you want to go to a US school, it would be better to take an extra year and study more so that u can get a better MCAT.

Otherwise, if you don't mind going abroad, you can try the carribeans. I'm not sure of the exact stats needed for those schools, but they're less than US.

But most importantly, don't give up. Keep trying and it'll start clicking.