Need Advice for pre-req

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yusanshui

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a B.S in biomedical sciences from a UK university plus a Master of Public Health in a U.S university. I plan to apply for Medical School next year (2012).

B/c my undergrad was done outside US, and some basic science courses were taken as AP, which does not show grades on my official undergrad transcript, I will need to retake some pre-req.

Would you please give me some advice about what courses to take? I don't plan to take any biology courses, since my major is biomedical and I have lots of biological research experience. I plan to take 2 physics/ w lab, 2 general chem/w lab , 2 english and 1 organic chem/with lab (since I have taken some organ and biochem during undergrad). The college I gonna take these pre-req is quarter system,so I mean 2 quarters of physics etc.

Will this be enough?

Also, does anyone know how acceptable are foreign transcripts (evaluated by WES or some other agency) to most medical school nowadays?

Thank you so much for your advice.

Members don't see this ad.