Army Need advice from current or former Brigade Surgeons

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turkish

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long story short (SDN website keeps deleting my drafts), my cell was recently placed under BSB. I think this is doctrinally and practically wrong...I should not be under the influence of any particular battalion, as I should be objective in my advice to the commander on taskings for providers, medics, and so forth.

Any experience with this issue? Thoughts on how to correct it, why it is wrong?

Of note, he brigade S1, who is also the Brigade XO, assures me this is not the case, despite me getting called in tonight after work to come back for a BSB urinalysis and PAI. I would assume if anyone knew the truth, it would be him...

Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

It would depend on exactly what type of brigade you are assigned to, but yes generally you should not be attached to the BSB and should instead be in HHC with the other brigade staff officers. The easiest way to figure it/fix the problem is to get the S1 to look at the AAA162 which should list you in the brigade headquarters HHC unit, unless for some reason they transferred you to the BSB officially, but I would find it hard to believe the BSB is MTO&E for an actual doctor.

When I was a BDE Surgeon I was assigned to the HHB of the brigade and answered to the BDE commander, but functionally I saw the patients from the BSB because they did not have a provider, but I certainly did not answer to that BN commander or go to their urinalysis.

Infantry brigade combat team. Thanks for the reply, I'll look at the 162.