Need advice on MCAT prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joliarte

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I hope anyone who reads this can give me some opinion/advice.
I took the May 22nd mcat after 3 months of prep and didn't even crack a 30. I figured that though I did a lot of practice exams (AAMC, kaplan, GS), I was not reviewing the FL's thoroughly and I had not been doing enough timed practice passages outside of FL's. So I rescheduled for the end of July Mcat. I started content review with practice passages in Princeton HL series. I also took the 1st three Berkely review CBTs, and barely making 30's on them. I did go back and review/analyze the FL's in depth--why i missed, what i missed, and a log of question types. I then picked up BK's physics, my weakest section, and just finished the two books. I am also halfway done with EK 1001 biol passages. Im still doing some Chem/orgo passages in the HL workbook as well as several verbal passages in EK and Princeton verbal everyday. But my score on my recent 4th BK CBT was even 2-3 points lower than the first three. I still felt that the passages were quite hard, rushed, and that i didn't have time to go back for review as well as quite a bit of nerves. I just don't understand why afte all of these practice, I'm actually getting worse not better. I thought that my test-taking skills were getting better, but turned out not. So I was wondering if any kind souls out there, who did well, could give some advice for my situation..like, should I be redoing over and over again problems I missed from practice passages? etc..I'm just feeling a bit hopeless and helpless right now seeing that my next MCAT is approaching and that I'm not improving at all...I'd appreciate any...:oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: