Need advice on what to do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Banafsheh

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
First I'd like to thank you all for making this forum so informative and helpful.
Second: I have a few questions and hope to get some help from you guys during the most stressful time of my life.

As an IMG who is really interseted in radiology can anybody tell me how I can increase my chance to get matched this year? Obviously, I'd prefer to go for a H1 visa(rather than J1).Now,if I apply for a transitional year, Are there any chances to get a H1 visa for that 1 year program? Can someone have a change in visa status made after one year and let's say apply for a H1 after PGY-1?

The other issue is how about applying to some Internal Meds as well ( those who offer H1) and hope for a chance to transfer after one year?
How reasonable this sounds to you guys?

Also With all these said,how much is the chance for someone applying with Step 1 score only(at the moment )who will complete the package gradually till mid-January? Are there chances to get any interviews in the meantime?

Really appreciate your input.
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.