Need advice: Re-applicant with no MCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thebum2323

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I applied last cycle to all of my choices for medical school. I submitted all of my secondaries by the end of July however, I had not taken the MCAT yet. I was supposed to take the MCAT in December but one of family members passed away a few days before my test date and I could not concentrate on the test for the life of me. I did not end up taking the test as planned and have no recorded MCAT scores as of date. I am registered to take the new MCAT in September. I have a 3.66 Cumulative GPA / Science GPA of 3.53.
*I should also note that I graduated college in May 2014 and continued doing research with one of my professors until the end of July 2014.

1. Will my application be looked down upon (or should I be worried) because I am a re-applicant that submitted secondaries without an MCAT score?
  2. From August 2014-December 2014 I did absolutely nothing but study for my MCAT. I applied for jobs in January and was ultimately hired as the end of February 2015. I need advice on how I should/can explain my situation in my secondaries?
  3. Does anyone know if the admissions committee will look at my application like it is a clean slate since I have no recorded MCAT score?
Thank you for all your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Do not apply this cycle. Take the MCAT and make your application stronger. Right now you look like a candidate that doesn't understand the importance of time management. Last time you wasted time and money. This time you are also applying very late. Get your scores and then decide which schools are a match.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't make the same mistake. Don't submit a primary this year. You won't get your MCAT score until sometime in October and that is really late. You will probably end up a three time reapplicant and that wouldn't be a good thing. You have waited this long so just take the test when you are completely ready and work on your ECs. I'm doubtful schools would look at your application like it is a clean slate. I don't understand how you submitted your secondaries by the end of July and didn't schedule your MCAT until 5 months later.

Reactions: 1 users