Need advice with decision....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laurabkas

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I graduated from a State school in 2013 with my BA in Psychology. I am thinking about going back to school because I have had no luck finding a job in this last year. I would like to either become an LMSW or LMFT. I'm debating if I should just go to a school like National so I can get my degree quicker.. or wait and apply to a State school and wait another year to start school... I am currently 28 years old and I don't really want to wait much longer to get my degree.... Anyone have any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I considered National because its accelerated layout was very attractive. I am now in the final year of my MSW program and I am happy with the route I chose. For my career trajectory, an LCSW is more versatile than a MFT/LPCC/ etc and social work is my passion. If I would have pursued the aforementioned degrees I would've been settling. What is it that you want to do with your Masters? The answer to that should shed light on your initial question.​

I can get you in contact with students in Nationals program if you'd like. Just PM me

I don't know if you have looked at the other forums in depth but I just saw this one. It may be of interest.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/want-to-be-a-counselor-in-california-lmft-best.905206/

Last edited: