Need Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoHOhoh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my second DAT and did not improve much. I am very disappointed with this score.

PAT 22
QR 17
RC 15
Bio 17
GC 18
OC 17

TS 18
AA 17

My first DAT score was
PAT 21
QR 18
RC 16
Bio 16
GC 17
OC 17

Can I still apply with this score? any chances?
Or should I apply and retake the DAT in Oct?

PLEASE HELP! Give me some hope please..
Looking for any kinds of advice. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Taking the DAT in October and stalling your application until then will decrease your chances of getting in given that people will start hearing back around that time I think (or close to).

If you think you can really improve your score to a 20+ AA/TS by October, then it's up to you if you want to take the risk of applying later. Otherwise, if your GPA is solid (as well as your extracurricular), your scores may work (although it is to be honest a little on the low side). Best of luck!

The RC doesn't really look good....

But

Apply to your top 5 dream schools. And don't expect anything.

But if you get something, consider yourself lucky.

Members don't see this ad :)
The RC doesn't really look good....

But

Apply to your top 5 dream schools. And don't expect anything.

But if you get something, consider yourself lucky.

Not the best advice dude... should sometimes be a bit more tactful...

Thanks a lot for your advice! So... I guess there is no chance with this score?

I don't know since I'm not part of the admission committee but if you want to know for sure 1) apply broadly and check the ADEA guidebook for stats on DAT/sGPA/oGPA 2) call up those schools and tell them your situation.

If your sGPA/oGPA/LOR/EC/shadowing/etc. are good then you still have a chance. Again if you have a lot of cash apply broadly. If not then after you check schools with stats near yours call them up and see what they say. But as some say the scores are a little low and you didn't show that much improvement.

Reactions: 1 user
Not the best advice dude... should sometimes be a bit more tactful...

The advice was not for you emminent.

I literally told her what I would do.

Sometimes in life, luck comes in different ways.