Need Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mary_s

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am new to this group, and I am in need of some advice. I got accepted into Johns Hopkins last year and
completed my freshman year. I am taking a leave of absence for fall semester to finish a research internship I started at Stanford over the summer. I am thinking of transferring to one of UC schools. The one year I spent at Hopkins was hard and stressful. Life would be a lot easier in a state school and closer to home. I can't decide if this is a right decision to make or not. Need some perspective/advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am thinking of transferring to Davis. I agree UCLA, cal and Berkeley are just as stressful.

The downside would be losing the prestigious of Hopkins.

Careful with that logic, UCLA and Cal will give you difficulty too thanks to the grade deflation !
Well on the *brighter* side OP goes to Hopkins so that isn't something too new and unexpected

Despite the very divided opinion of various posters on here about UG prestige, I found it absolutely useful and important throughout the application/pre-med process. Unless you can't stand another day at JHU, I'd stay put