Need-based financial aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laceigh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at UCSF's dental page for financial aid, and they said some aid is given based on need. Does anyone know about how much financial aid at a dental school realistically can one with 0 EFC get?

And private schools such as UOP offer much less, right?

Members don't see this ad.

Really depends on the school school. You can typically expect a good amount of your loans to be Stafford loans(40k limit). The different is filled up with grad plus. There are loans that are a bit more sparse(varies from school to school) called Health Profession Loans and usually require your FAFSA to be submitted prior to March 1st. They are pretty much subsidized loans(no interest) plus a 1 year grace period but a 10 year mandatory payment plan at 5.00% rate. Buffalo dental gave me 11k loan of this type and I'm very grateful for this.

You could look into scholarships for women. I ran into one or two during my search yesterday for health scholarships.

Referring to UCSF's full funding option specifically. Is it even worth pursuing? Ive heard they sometimes can eliminate OOS difference but Im instate anyways.