Need Help ASAP Please: When are CAP Fellowship interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bearrie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to submit call and vacation requests and am wondering when to request to take off for CAP fellowship interviews. I hope to have everthing ready to go on ERAS when it open July 15 (btw, is this as important ie applying when opens as important as ERAs during adult general residency?) and will be applying in northeast with focus on NYC. I can take 5 academic days but otherwise must be vacation. Of course it varies but if you had to chose a week to schedule i terviews, when would it be? Aug, sept? Early or late into months? Thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad.

You have to pick exactly 1 week now to schedule your interviews? Or am I misunderstanding. There is no single week that you can take that would assure you that, similar to how adult interview dates went.

Interviews will come when they come. I started getting interview offers at the end of July (my application was in on July 15th or so). However the majority of interviews will actually take place in September, October and November. If I had to pick a week, I'd pick a week in October or November. The rest will be pure luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
name and shame! sounds disgraceful that you have to do this. most decent programs will not make you take vacation or limit your days for interviewing as they want their residents to get the jobs/fellowships of their choice. You cannot schedule these things in advance. I hope you are misunderstanding.

I think you need to talk to your admin. This doesn't make any sense. The rules you are syaing you have to by imply a level of flexibility you won't have in scheduling interviews.

I clarified and they are not really sure yet. Hopefully at a minimum we can take single vacation days off instead of entire week blocks. Thank you all for your responses!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile