Need help finding potential mentors in emotional regulation/dysregulation for clinical psych.!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psipi140

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am doing my final screening of universities that have faculty doing research on emotion regulation.Specifically, the cognitive underpinnings of emotional dysregulation. I've gone through the list of accredited programs but there's always a chance I missed a school or two or someone. I am posting here to see if anyone knows universities/faculty off the top of their head to as a kind of check.

Best

Psipi

Members don't see this ad.

Christine Larson - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Yana Suchy - University of Utah

If you want to go pretty deep into neuroanatomy, and have a stellar CV
Richie Davidson - University of Wisconsin
Paul Whalen - Dartmouth
Elizabeth Phelps - NYU

Thats really pretty broad, actually.

Sohee Parks-Vanderbilt
Paul Rosen-University of Louisville (Child)
Richard Lewine-University of Louisville
Peter Giancola-University of Kentucky (maybe not so much anymore though, not sure)

Members don't see this ad :)
That's really broad, especially because a lot of "pure" emotion regulation folks are in social, not clinical. Anyone who does BPD will study emotion regulation and there are others out there too. And some study emotion regulation in the context of particular disorders/clusters/behaviors (e.g., substance use, bipolar disorder). Some examples (most of these are younger/newer faculty except Tim Trull):

Amelia Aldao @ Ohio State
Katherine Dixon-Gordon @ UMass Amherst
June Gruber @ UC Boulder
Tim Trull @ U of Missouri
Jenn Veilleux @ U of Arkansas

Reactions: 1 user
Check out some articles on emotion regulation that you like. Who are the authors? Then cross-reference the schools.