About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help for crossing out schools that I should apply

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by archonsbk, May 27, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. archonsbk

archonsbk

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    This is silly since I havent even taken DAT yet, but I just want to make sure I am not wasting my money/time for writing essays and applying, so I need some help.

My gpa is really low.. only 3.0 (my last 2 semesters are 3.6 and I started with below 2.0).
    I took a lot of honors classes and didn't do well (ahh how stupid I am... bad decisions). I have one more year of undergrad, so I can probably improve to 3.1 or maybe 3.2...

My ec is tutoring/research/shadowing for years

I believe that my letters of recommendation are going to be great (all the profs I asked said that they will write great one for me and I am pretty close with them).

That's briefly my stat... I know dental application is more than this, but let's say that everything else is decent and I get around 21TS/21AA/21 PAT,

Which schools should I cross out from the list?

Boston
    Howard
    LECOM
    Loma Linda
    Marquette
    Meharry
    Midwestern, IL
    Minnesota
    NewYork
    Roseman
    Tufts
    Southern California

Thanks!
  2. davaidavai1

davaidavai1

Unless you're a URM, I would cross out Meharry and Howard. I would also remove Loma Linda (too religious) Marquette (low OOS student ratio) and SC (might be a low OOS ratio too.) add Midwestern AZ and Case Western to the list.