Need Help Immediately!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

simply_me

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I m new here so I dont know if this is the right place to post this topic.

I m from BC, Canada. I shall be graduating next year. I want to apply for medical faculty in UK (Oxford or Cambridge). I have looked on their websites for the entrace requirements but they need something called "A-levels". There is no such thing as A-levels in Canada. So, can someone please help me and tell me the specific courses equivalent to those A-levels required for the medical admission??

Also, could someone please tell me how long is the medical course in UK? Can I get admission right away after completing my grade 12? Do I have to complete any bachelor degree???

Thanx
Reply as soon as possible.

Members don't see this ad.

You can apply through UCAS (www.ucas.co.uk), but Oxford and Cambridge require their own entrance exam apart from A-levels. The medical course is anywhere from 4-6 years. If you do not have a bachelor's degree, you're looking at 5-6 years...although probably more like 5 years. Theoretically, you could be accepted after completing high school. Whether they will accept you is another question.

Good luck with that one. 'Competative' is a nice euphemism for how difficult it is to get in there.

thanxx leorl for the info...and thanx leftbank for the good luck!
i appreciate that.....!!!