Need Help! Midwestern IL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentStud143

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My friend wants to apply to the pharmacy school at midwestern university in Illinois and was wondering if they require an applicant to complete a bachelors degree?

Basically what are the chances of getting in without a bachelors? Any statistics available?

Thank you for your help!!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone get in without a bachelors? What classes did you take and what were your stats? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hello,

My friend wants to apply to the pharmacy school at midwestern university in Illinois and was wondering if they require an applicant to complete a bachelors degree?

Basically what are the chances of getting in without a bachelors? Any statistics available?

Thank you for your help!!

Anyone get in without a bachelors? What classes did you take and what were your stats? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

IMHO you should call the school straight up and ask those specific questions. But I googled and the answer is no bachelor is required. So there should be people who got in w/o a bachelor.

from the PHARMCAS page for Midwestern U COP, Chicago (Downer Grove) campus IL,

"*Previous college experience prior to enrolling in the school/college of pharmacy: 3 or more years, no degree (>60 sem hrs)"

http://schoolpages.pharmcas.org/publishedsurvey/433

from the school's website,

"Admission Requirements for the Pharm.D. Program

Students seeking admission to CCP must submit the following documented evidence:

1. Completion of 62 semester hours or 90 quarter hours of nonremedial, prerequisite coursework from regionally accredited U.S. colleges or universities, or recognized postsecondary Canadian institutions that you English as its primary language of instruction and documentation
    • Minimum cumulative GPAs and science GPAs of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale
    • Grades of "C" or better for prerequisite courses (grades of C- are not acceptable)
  2. Direct submission of scores from the Pharmacy College Admissions Test (PCAT) to the Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) using PCAT code 104
    • PCAT exams are offered multiple times per year by Harcourt Assessment, Inc., (also known as Pearson), 800/622-3231 or www.pcatweb.info
    • Only scores earned from the test offered in 2009 or more recently are acceptable"
http://www.midwestern.edu/programs-and-admission/il-pharmacy/admissionapply.html

Thank you! I will def tell my friend to give them a call!