Need help passing the DSE!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sparkle0621

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been in private practice for 4 years and do not meet the reciprocity requirements of 5 years to practice in the state that my husband lives in. Consequently, I had to retake Manikin and Patient boards which I passed but I failed the DSE portion twice :(

I need advice on what to study to pass the DSE portion. I'm not around dental students or actually have any friends left in dental school so I really need some guidance here.

Members don't see this ad.

dental decks and review the question/answers for the exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I am sorry to bother you? did you find the questions fro the DSE? I need them too, I am taking it this year, so I am trying to collect everything possible, but I have nothing.
Thank you

Hi, I am sorry to bother you? did you find the questions fro the DSE? I need them too, I am taking it this year, so I am trying to collect everything possible, but I have nothing.
Thank you

Hey! I was out of school for 6 years too and I used the ADEX DSE (Diagnostic skills exam) review book by Dentin series! It was very helpful! Honestly I though just the book was enough. It's very specific to the subjects and types of questions that the exam has

Last edited:
Help! I need the practice questions/answers too! I'm really desperate. Thank you.

Did any body find the practice questions? I just took it and failed. Used Dentin but didn't seem that relevant after taking test. Please help...super discouraged right now! Thank you!

Hi, I'm taking DSE in a few weeks. Any advice? I've been practicing for 5 years. What study material did you find useful? How long do you think is good to study?

Hey guys,

I've been in private practice for 4 years and do not meet the reciprocity requirements of 5 years to practice in the state that my husband lives in. Consequently, I had to retake Manikin and Patient boards which I passed but I failed the DSE portion twice :(

I need advice on what to study to pass the DSE portion. I'm not around dental students or actually have any friends left in dental school so I really need some guidance here.

the first time I took the CDCA OSCE Diagnostic Skills Examination I didn't pass because I didn't study assuming my 11 years of experience and CEs were enough. It is important to study. If you want to pass take the Quizlet online practice exams and purchase this book. I reviewed almost 2000 questions and everything worked out and I passed. I wanted to share this so others have success the first time around. It was $900 to take the test and another $400 to retake it.
IMG_20200711_152048612.jpg

Just out of curiousity, which exam did you take when you first licensed?
Did you consider using First Aid/DENTIN (previously Board Busters) to review material? Or found it more helpful to study by reviewing questions?
I am taking DSE to license because I am in the same boat where I have practiced for 8 years but the state where I am trying to obtain licensure does not give reciprocity for the exam (SRTA) that I boarded in originally.

TIA!