DO Need help selecting schools for DO!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BasilDancingCheese

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Score: MCAT 29 (11 PS, 8 VR, 10 BS)
GPA: 4
Major: Biochem
University: Public
DO letter: in progress (currently shadowing and will get the DO letter end of July!)

ECS:
1. Board member (Service)
2. Board member (Fashion/Service)
3. Tutor (CPS (volunteering)/ Private (Money))
4. UTA
5. Job - PL for Organic Chemistry
6. IT department (past)
6.5 FastFood Restaurants
7. Volunteering 250ish hours.
8. Shadowing (Currently DO)
9. Should I put that I shadowed an MD? or NO!???

Not a URM but am an immigrant (9 year)..

My List:
LECOM-E (my sister goes there)
CCOM - state

Need to add: 8 more (was told to apply to 10 schools total)

Also, if I submit the application can I add the schools after that? Your help is very much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Also.
I am currently shadowing two DOs. But they are in the same practice and I rotate between them. Do I put them separately on my application or put them together in the EC section?

Also.
I am currently shadowing two DOs. But they are in the same practice and I rotate between them. Do I put them separately on my application or put them together in the EC section?

Just put shadowing as a single field.

Your stats are good. You will be fine for the cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
With a 4.0/29, apply to any DO school you'd like to go to. You're competitive at all. Forget the magic number 10, that sounds like something a pre-med advisor would say. I would apply to no less than 5, but apply to as many as you'd like. And yes, you can add schools later for an additional fee. It's perfectly fine to say you shadowed an MD, maybe even preferable so you can talk about differences you may have seen between the two in your app/secondaries/interviews. You do have citizenship, correct?

With a 4.0/29, apply to any DO school you'd like to go to. You're competitive at all. Forget the magic number 10, that sounds like something a pre-med advisor would say. I would apply to no less than 5, but apply to as many as you'd like. And yes, you can add schools later for an additional fee. It's perfectly fine to say you shadowed an MD, maybe even preferable so you can talk about differences you may have seen between the two in your app/secondaries/interviews. You do have citizenship, correct?
Yes on the citizenship. That makes sense. I didn't mention the MD in my personal statement but I did talk about the DO experience.