About the ads

1. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.
  2. Free Financial Webinar with White Coat Investor! Monday evening at 7:00 PM EDT, hear about the Top 5 Financial Considerations for Starting Residents from White Coat Investor's Dr. James Dahle. Register here. Hope to see you there!

Need help with Gen chem quiz questions!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by brains, Feb 14, 2006.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. brains

brains

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I am running out of time, so if any one can help give me some formulas or something, that would be great. Thanks.

1) K of concentration= 0.0198 @ 721 K

2HI (G) ---> H2(g) + I2(g)

In a particular experiment, the partial pressures of and at equilibrium are 0.710- and 0.888- atm, respectively. The partial pressure of HI is __________ atm.

a. 1.98
    b. 0.389
    c. 5.64
    d. 7.87
    e. 0.125

AND
    In the coal-gasification process, carbon monoxide is converted to carbon dioxide via the following reaction:

2) In an experiment, 0.35 mol of CO and 0.40 mol of H2O were placed in a 1.00-L reaction vessel. At equilibrium, there were 0.19 mol of CO remaining. Keq at the temperature of the experiment is ___________.

CO (G) + H20 (G)---->CO2 (G) + H2 (G)

a. 0.75
    b. 5.47
    c. 1.0
    d. 1.78
    e. 0.56