MD & DO Need help with my list. Please take a look :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loveanswers

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have you worked with underserved and/or minority populations? If not, I suggest you remove Howard, Meharry, and Morehouse. You can add Virginia Commonwealth.

Your DO list looks good but keep in mind that some DO schools require a DO letter of recommendation. Look up their admissions sites to find out which schools require it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I have worked with underserved people (overseas)! I was thinking of taking Howard, Meharry, and Morehouse off the list since they seem to prefer AA's. I'll look into Virginia.

I have will soon have letter from DO.

If you have and you think it will suffice, keep them on. They prefer AA but they do accept everyone.

You could add Quinnipiac, Oakland Beaumont, Western Michigan and Creighton where your stats would be competitive for an interview. Rochester and Einstein may be worth adding as reaches.

You could add Quinnipiac, Oakland Beaumont, Western Michigan and Creighton where your stats would be competitive for an interview. Rochester and Einstein may be worth adding as reaches.

Thanks. Which ones do you I think I should remove from that list?

You could remove the schools that SkipJunior mentioned since they strongly prefer URM. Otherwise your list looks good.

The missions of Howard, Meharry Medical College, and Morehouse School of Medicine are very specific and geared toward the needs of the AA community. If you had significant experience in the black community, then it might be a good fit but if not... it would be three wastes of your time. They do accept everyone but they expect that you have walked with walk and demonstrated experience with the community they exist to serve.

Reactions: 1 user