Need help with my personal statement!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sak91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has applied to grad school (preferably MPH programs) before: do you mind giving a few pointers on the personal statement? I just have so much to say and I feel like I'm going all over the place with it. I have written a draft but it's not good at all and I need opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

i'm willing to read it for you and give you feedback if you'd like. it'll help me procrastinate. i applied to 7 schools last cycle, got into all of them (currently at hopkins doing a MHS, which is the only non-mph program i applied to, but i used the same essay basically). emory and penn would have been my second choices (and, fwiw, emory accepted me within 2 hours after i applied 6 months after their deadline, so i'd say i'm pretty good at convincing adcoms to look at me). pm me your e-mail address if you're interested.

Hi! I just finished writing my personal statement and wanted to know if someone would be willing to review it for me. I need my PS to be great because my GPA isn't the best. its a 2.98 which isn't very competitive. I have almost three years working in healthcare and am going to take my GRE again next month. I am hoping to get good scores. Would anyone be willing to give me some constructive criticism?