MD Need Help with School list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joester

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That's a great list! Sidney Kimmel, Duke, Mt. Sinai, Wake Forrest, OSU, Penn State are some other ones to look into but I think your list is fine as is!

Thank you very much! I will add those onto the list and then sort through them since I don't want to apply to that many (or should I?). How many do you recommend I apply to out of state? (in state, I will have 8)
All CA applicants apply to all the CA schools, but only 870 out of 5920 matriculate into CA schools. Your OOS list has to be at least as thoughtful (and size-able) since odds of matriculation are actually better there (1436/5920).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on how much money you are willing to spend and if you have a lot of time to do all those applications. I could only afford 11 schools because I needed to save money for potential airfare and traveling arrangements. Luckily CA has a lot of in-state schools! 15 might be a good number or maybe a little more. Have a few "reaches" and then schools that you have a good chance at.

It depends on how much money you are willing to spend and if you have a lot of time to do all those applications. I could only afford 11 schools because I needed to save money for potential airfare and traveling arrangements. Luckily CA has a lot of in-state schools!
Not lucky at all. Only UCR (with but 25 seats for non-UCR grads) and to a smaller extent, UCD have any IS preference...

The percentage of IS matriculation in CA is only 14.7% despite an extraordinarily well-qualified applicant pool.

Nothing wrong with aiming high. I'd like to see some more volunteer hrs, though. I suggest:

Baylor OR Vanderbilt
Boston
Case Western
Creighton
Drexel
Emory
Loyola
Medical College of Wisconsin
Northwestern OR Pitt
Rush
Temple
Tufts