Need help with schools. 3.806 cgpa 38 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

datanator

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, here are my stats:

3.85 cGPA, 3.86 sGPA
38 MCAT (12 PS, 11 VR, 15 BS)
Non-URM
CA resident

Clinical Experiences:
-175 hours volunteering in the ER
-75 total shadowing hours (50 hours shadowing internist and 25 hours ER physician)

Research:
-1 year in lab learning molecular techniques but didn't actually get to do so much research. It was pretty much all the grit work so I left
-1.5 years (and continuing) in an immunoparasitology lab studying toxoplasma gondii and its interactions with the immune system. Got a $400 grant and presented at university symposium.

EC:
-Secretary of club that fundraisers money to set up clinical and surgical camps abroad. I have not gone on a trip yet but planning to this December. (2 years)
-External president of Secular Student Alliance: club for atheists, agnostics, skeptics, etc.; organized weekly meetings and participated in interfaith activities
-Intramural basketball for 2 years
-Assisted autistic kids participate in activities such as arts/crafts, sports and cultural activities

I need help selecting the correct schools for me to apply to. This is what I have so far:

Washington U
Yale
Northwestern
U of Chicago
Hopkins
Cornell
Baylor
U Mich
Mayo
Columbia
Mt. Sinai
Duke
Stanford
UCSF
UPenn
Vanderbuilt

UCI
UCSD
UCLA
USC
Darmouth
Einstein
Case Western (both university and college track)

UC Davis
UCR
St. Louis university
SUNY downstate
Stony Brook
Rosalind Franklin
U of Arizona
Tulane
Drexel

I know this is a lot of schools, so I was wondering what I can remove and what schools I can add. I don't mind applying to 30 schools.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, here are my stats:

3.85 cGPA, 3.86 sGPA
38 MCAT (12 PS, 11 VR, 15 BS)
Non-URM
CA resident

Clinical Experiences:
-175 hours volunteering in the ER
-75 total shadowing hours (50 hours shadowing internist and 25 hours ER physician)

Research:
-1 year in lab learning molecular techniques but didn't actually get to do so much research. It was pretty much all the grit work so I left
-1.5 years (and continuing) in an immunoparasitology lab studying toxoplasma gondii and its interactions with the immune system. Got a $400 grant and presented at university symposium.

EC:
-Secretary of club that fundraisers money to set up clinical and surgical camps abroad. I have not gone on a trip yet but planning to this December. (2 years)
-External president of Secular Student Alliance: club for atheists, agnostics, skeptics, etc.; organized weekly meetings and participated in interfaith activities
-Intramural basketball for 2 years
-Assisted autistic kids participate in activities such as arts/crafts, sports and cultural activities

I need help selecting the correct schools for me to apply to. This is what I have so far:

Washington U
Yale
Northwestern
U of Chicago
Hopkins
Cornell
Baylor
U Mich
Mayo
Columbia
Mt. Sinai
Duke
Stanford
UCSF
UPenn
Vanderbuilt

UCI
UCSD
UCLA
USC
Darmouth
Einstein
Case Western (both university and college track)

UC Davis
UCR
St. Louis university
SUNY downstate
Stony Brook
Rosalind Franklin
U of Arizona
Tulane
Drexel

I know this is a lot of schools, so I was wondering what I can remove and what schools I can add. I don't mind applying to 30 schools.
Thanks!

If you don't mind applying to that many schools it is a decent list. Just keep up with your secondaries!!!

If you don't mind applying to that many schools it is a decent list. Just keep up with your secondaries!!!

Thanks! What do you think my chances are? I feel that my extracurriculars are not that strong and that will be an issue at the schools.

I don't know why you don't have Harvard on that list. If you're applying to 30 schools might as well add the best medical school? LOL