need help with understanding application timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nexuss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm a student currently going into 4th year university in Canada. I am a bit confused with the entire process of applying to optometry school so I was wondering if I could get a little help. I plan to apply in the summer of 2016 (around July) and I have already completed my OAT and pre-requisites. If I were to apply in July, when would the interview process occur and if accepted when would I start optometry school? Hopefully I can get some answers, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If you apply starting in July 2016, you are applying to start class in August/September 2017.

If you submitted your application in July, you'd probably start hearing back about interviews within the next 2-3 months, or longer, depending on your GPA/OAT scores. It seems to be that the higher your scores, the sooner you're invited to interview, but I could be wrong.

So I'm a student currently going into 4th year university in Canada. I am a bit confused with the entire process of applying to optometry school so I was wondering if I could get a little help. I plan to apply in the summer of 2016 (around July) and I have already completed my OAT and pre-requisites. If I were to apply in July, when would the interview process occur and if accepted when would I start optometry school? Hopefully I can get some answers, thank you!

I submitted in mid July this year , verified mid August .. Started getting interviews end of August / beginning of September so far ... Everything completed (OAT score, etc) so it really just depends. Anywhere after the time your application is verified and the school lets you know that your file is under review... Could be days, weeks, months. Just sit back and relax :)