Need MCAT advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

georgia89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your time

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
From what I understand is, you're going to graduate in coming Dec, 2015 and you're planning to take the MCAT around April. If this is the case, I recommend taking the MCAT in late May. There is no point of taking the exam in April since AAMC registrations won't open until June. This would give you an extra month of studying. (I recommend starting now and studying during school if possible, even one hour a day will keep you going and that would be almost 9 months of studying).
for Content, every prep class has its strength and weakness. But as far as I know, Princeton and Berkeley are good from the reviews I've read.
For content review, go to @mcatjelly signature. She has a full list of them and many are free.
Good luck!

From what I understand is, you're going to graduate in coming Dec, 2015 and you're planning to take the MCAT around April. If this is the case, I recommend taking the MCAT in late May. There is no point of taking the exam in April since AAMC registrations won't open until June. This would give you an extra month of studying. (I recommend starting now and studying during school if possible, even one hour a day will keep you going and that would be almost 9 months of studying).
for Content, every prep class has its strength and weakness. But as far as I know, Princeton and Berkeley are good from the reviews I've read.
For content review, go to @mcatjelly signature. She has a full list of them and many are free.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Give yourself 4-6 months to prepare. The books and class you choose I would wait. Most companies, will be making extensive revisions to their books, tests and classroom courses over the winter. Most likely the stuff you use looks a bit different from what is out now. Look to pick your materials in January. You can take a look at the current versions to see what style of book seems best for you. As far as classes, its all about how much lecture vs problem solving you want from your course. The science you will largely learn on your own but the courses are good for teaching AAMC thinking skills and providing reliable test strategies. For now focus on your coursework.

Good luck!

Give yourself 4-6 months to prepare. The books and class you choose I would wait. Most companies, will be making extensive revisions to their books, tests and classroom courses over the winter. Most likely the stuff you use looks a bit different from what is out now. Look to pick your materials in January. You can take a look at the current versions to see what style of book seems best for you. As far as classes, its all about how much lecture vs problem solving you want from your course. The science you will largely learn on your own but the courses are good for teaching AAMC thinking skills and providing reliable test strategies. For now focus on your coursework.

Good luck!

I feel like all this talk of test companies making significant changes to their material over the next year is overblown. This is a much more gradual process for review companies