Need medical guidenace , pl.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pikesh100

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Doctors Sir/s :

I am a new member and have a question here, if you could generally advise me a little would be of great help. Thanks.

An annual report has come normal of physical test except two things that1. Vitamin D is of Deficient and 2. Glucose is high - means to cut out on white rice and sugar. I have been prescribed Vitamin D medicine and other natural ways to get Vitamin D , but not use sun-bathing.
Glucose - 104 (range 65-99 mg/dL)
Cholesterol HDL - 34 (should be > 40 mg/dL)
Vitamin D - 17 (range 30-100 ng/mL)
Have high BP - 168
No diabetes or heart issue. I was worried. my nephew is much younger than me has diabetes and his lifestyle has changed. Is diabetes a hereditary disease?

had this doubt for the past few years since my mother had diabetes and our main diet consist rice. Yes I do have bulge in the middle. I visit gym regularly, may have to increase the duration and reduce food intake.

Any advice will be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

Doctors Sir/s :

I am a new member and have a question here, if you could generally advise me a little would be of great help. Thanks.

An annual report has come normal of physical test except two things that1. Vitamin D is of Deficient and 2. Glucose is high - means to cut out on white rice and sugar. I have been prescribed Vitamin D medicine and other natural ways to get Vitamin D , but not use sun-bathing.
Have high BP - 168
No diabetes or heart issue. I was worried. my nephew is much younger than me has diabetes and his lifestyle has changed. Is diabetes a hereditary disease?

had this doubt for the past few years since my mother had diabetes and our main diet consist rice. Yes I do have bulge in the middle. I visit gym regularly, may have to increase the duration and reduce food intake.

I'm sure our med students and our residents/attendings can contribute a lot, but remember that this is the internet. Questions like these are usually not asked in the pre-allopathic forum, and you should seriously see a doctor in person and discuss your concerns. Best of luck to you man. :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Doctors Sir/s :

Have high BP - 168

You have a 74.3 percent chance of having diabeetus.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.