Need More Practice Reading EKGs.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cpt.Hook Hamate

O-tay!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good EKG reading workbook to help practice reading EKGs. I am looking for something with a nice number of practice EKG tracings with solutions. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

One book I used when I was in paramedic school was Rapid Interpretation of EKG's 6th edition by Dale Dubin. It is very easy and fast reading.

I know. Every one gets that book but I am looking for a "workbook." Something like a whoel book of math problems but with EKG tracing instead.

I like this one:
"The Only EKG Book You'll Ever Need" by Malcolm S. Thaler.

Has a whole section in the back with like 200 strips that you can interpret.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had one and it was one I've never seen before. Really weird looking. I clicked a choice and moved on.

Here's a good website I used to quiz myself when I was studying for ACLS. I thought it was really helpful. It may not be worth your time though. It took me about 5 hours to learn how to figure them out and I only had one question on step 1. Good luck! :)

http://www.pueblocc.edu/ems/aclstrip.htm

Captain Hook,

Check out:

The Complete Guide to EKGs (by O'Keefe)

and

ECGS for the Emergency Physician (by Mattu et al.)

These two books are for EKG reading practice and are just pages of different EKG's with the explanations and offical reads listed in the back. They assume that you have already read a book like Dubin's or "The Only EKG Book that You'll Ever Need" and have the basic knowledge.